Ibex Guide Lite Pant

These pants are my new favorites. I read some positive…

Fabric: Skifans (Wool/Schoeller blend)
Price Paid: $185 new, bought for $100 on sale

These pants are my new favorites. I read some positive reviews and jumped at the chance to buy them when I found them on sale for 50% off.

I've used them on several trips, including a 10-day backpacking trip in Denali where we experienced sun, rain, sleet, and snow. The pants took everything in stride and kept me comfortable whether I was hiking with a full pack or just standing around camp.

The Skifans softshell material is just great. Although it's not waterproof, it provides great rain and wind resistance. I was comfortable in temperatures ranging from 30-65 deg F.

The pants have nice features such as a built in belt, zippered front and rear pockets, and ankle zips. My only complaint is that they are only offered in black.

Highly recommended.

The Ibex Guide Lite Pant is a Climawool softshell touring pant designed for the backcountry, yet comfortable enough to wear everyday.

- Backcountry Outlet refers to the men's version

Redesigned to resist abrasion, the Ibex Guide Lite Pant features a complex ClimaWool stretch weave that combines Cordura nylon and Lycra fibers with a soft Merino wool interior. The result is a quiet and highly breathable fabric that delivers exceptional comfort while climbing or hiking in damp conditions. Because Ibex specializes in combining natural fabrics with performance features, you keep all the plush, moisture-wicking comfort close to your skin so it regulates your body temperature far better than most petroleum-based polyester materials. The handwarmer pockets on the Ibex Guide Lite Pant have slanted openings for easy ergonomic access. You can also zip up the pockets to keep essentials secure--a practical essential when you're clipped in over high spaces where dropped gear falls further than the eye can see. Water resistant, highly breathable 8.5-oz. Climawool softshell fabric consisting of a Cordura and Lycra exterior backed by a natural Merino wool fleece interior Slanted handwarmer pockets with zipper closures Pull-on elastic waist and belt Ankle zippers on gusseted leg openings facilitate removal

- Altrec Outdoors refers to the men's version

Ibex Guide Lite Pant

The Guide Lite Pant has been discontinued.

The Ibex Guide Lite Pant is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen January 24, 2008 at GearTrade.

If you're looking for a new soft shell pant, check out the best reviewed current models.