Ibex Icefall Jacket

I think I love this jacket. I usually wear a large,…

Fabric: Schoeller Skifans (nylon wool blend)
Price Paid: $112 last year's model

I think I love this jacket. I usually wear a large, but Ibex's large is more like an X-large. Therefore, it doesn't exactly fit my slim torso as it should. I guess it would be more insulative against my body, so buy a size smaller than usual, the sleeves are really long, and it stretches.

They say it sheds rain. I've only been in light rain, the fabric looked soaked, but I never felt moisture on the inside. Most of the rain just beaded off, as well as most wind. If a strong cold wind is blowing, you will feel it, but it's better than nothing. I've had this jacket a year, never washed it, it has seen alot of sweat, the wool is naturally anti-bacterial, dirt wipes off, and I can see no wear.

This jacket also doesn't look like it's "Technical". I don't need to look like I'm climbing Everest.

This is a review of last year's Icefall Jacket in…

Price Paid: trade

This is a review of last year's Icefall Jacket in size large. I really like stuff from Ibex, but this jacket was a miss! The fit was off compared to their other jackets in the same size; it fit huge in the chest and the arms were too short, and the material felt very weak. So I returned it to my shop, where another employee bought it for himself.

I then got the Ibex Neve Jacket in the same size and it was perfect. As for the employee that bought the Icefall, after two months of using it backpacking and bushwacking, that jacket is not holding up, two seams on the arm are blown, and the jacket is snagged all over. I would recommend the Icefall only for light use!

What can say? It is perfect, and can be used for almost…

Fabric: Woven nylon mix
Price Paid: $140 on sale

What can say? It is perfect, and can be used for almost anything.

I have chest 48 in, and XL fits me like glove.

Jacket stretches with you, never leaves you feeling too tight. Sheds wind, snow, water, but it not waterproof, don't make mistake of leaving without waterproof shell in the case of heavy rain. I was backpacking in 20 degree weather, didn't get cold.

The customer service is awesome.

Excellent jacket...had mine for about four years.

Fabric: climawool

Excellent jacket...had mine for about four years. Holds up well and is the jacket I reach for 90% of the time. Used for backpacking and just general wear. Recommended!!

If you've owned or used an Ibex Icefall Jacket, please share your experience.

Ibex Icefall Jacket

The Icefall Jacket has been discontinued.

The Ibex Icefall Jacket is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen November 13, 2008 at OMCgear.

If you're looking for a new wool jacket, check out the best reviewed current models.