Ibex Scout 1/2 Zip

Very nice. Wearing it now, w/ my Shak in the drawer....

Price Paid: $94.93 US

Very nice. Wearing it now, w/ my Shak in the drawer.... Size Lg... Am 6ft, 200lbs, Compared to my Shak Zip Hoody, it fits a bit smaller in length, an extra 2" in length would've been exceptional, but I always want more fabric... Sleeve length is just fine.

The double fabric is a tight pilled face on the outside sewn onto a super soft inner fabric. A faux fleece, but I think the fleece is a faux Bouncle', Truly.... I can envision myself doing a day+ of skiing, or a multi-day hike, with this Scout over my Shak and Woolies top, with my Zepher and Taku Shell in my pack as reserve.

I have the Black Navy Heather, and it is much darker than in the pic. Think US Navy dress uni... The sun does light up the blue hints, though... At a third off, but with shipping and a duty payout I should dispute, being US made, all putting my total savings at $10 off msrp, I still consider my Scout an an amazing deal on a work of art.

I think Merino wool is one of the factors that may, just may, lead to the salvation of mankind.

Lose your Oily Fleece and Buy a Scout!

One of the best sweaters you could ever own. Machine…

Fabric: Wool
Fill: N/A

One of the best sweaters you could ever own. Machine washable, great design with tailored athletic fit, and extremely comfortable. This is my absolute favorite sweater.

Perfect mid-weight, and does not itch. Very dense weave, so it is pretty wind resistant. Chest pocket is perfect for wallet or glasses in town, or a power bar or light glove on a ski tour. I have not seen a better touring, all-around sweater on the market.

Visit Ibex's Scout 1/2 Zip page.

The Ibex Scout 1/2 Zip is a cozy favorite, a smooth-on-the-inside, looped-on-the-outside double-knit merino that provides superior warmth retention with a soft exterior. Rugged enough for the backcountry, this sweater can also dress up with the best. Relaxed fit 12 inch front zip Zippered chest pocket Flatlock seam construction Machine washable Made in USA

- OMCgear

The half zip version of the Ibex Scout midlayer. 21 micron Zque New Zealand Merino Boucle (86% NZM / 14% Polyester). Relaxed fit. Midlayer warmth. 12 inch zip neck with locking pull. Angled zip chest pocket. Flatlock Seams. Machine washable. Made in the USA. Ibex men's mid-layers and moisture wicking tops are best for skiing, winter sports and outdoor enthusiasts. Available Color(s): Gravel Heather, Black. Weight: 320 g/m2

- Tahoe Mountain Sports

Boucle: expensive French cheese, or newest boy-band sensation? Right: double-knit merino wool with the smooth side on the interior and the looped side on the exterior. The result is superior warmth, and the Scout is a prime example of it. It's a nice midlayer with a 12-inch front zip, and a zippered chest pocket (it wasn't made for cheese, but you can use it however you like). Relaxed fit. Machine washable. Made in the U.S.

- Altrec Outlet

Put a halt to bitter winter chills with the Ibex Men's Scout 1/2-Zip Top. The highest quality New Zealand Merino wool is nature's insulator and weather protector, so why shouldn't you reap the benefits of what nature has been crafting for thousands of years'