Ibex Shak Jersey

ruff, itchy, weird fit, difficult wash & dry I…

Summary

ruff, itchy, weird fit, difficult wash & dry

Pros

• city look

Cons

• feel of fabric & fit
  • wash & dry difficult to maintain fabric
  • itchy

I kept this in my closet and tried wearing it too many times before it was added to the charity bag. The look is great but: front zipper short in ladies, fabric dries slow, itchy, boxy shape, small in chest, big at waistline, poor shape for arm movement.

Note: The men's seems to have been a better fit for my spouse, but a long sleeve liner or Tee must be worn. I hate washing and drying it, I hope it gets too close to a campfire...eek.

The Ibex Shak is to the sweater what the Porsche is…

Fabric: wool

The Ibex Shak is to the sweater what the Porsche is to the automobile.

Actually, the Ibex folks probably wouldn't want me calling it "sweater" at all. But that's how I use it -- as a light, warm, close-fitting, high-performance wool mid-layer. With the Shak, I don't get too hot (which I do with heavyweight sweaters, like Filson's) or too cold. I wear it over the Ibex Zephyr, which I typically use as a base layer; excellent combo.

I wish it were a little less close-fitting (if you're skinny, this will be a non-issue), but otherwise a first-rate item.

Excellent fit, I'm 6'2" 195 large fits great, comfortable,…

Fabric: merino wool

Excellent fit, I'm 6'2" 195 large fits great, comfortable, roomy and warm. Merino wool is non-itchy, love it.

Visit Ibex's Men's Shak Jersey page.

On Sale. Free Shipping. Ibex Men's Shak Jersey FEATURES of the Ibex Men's Shak Jersey Signature dense Merino ponte jersey 11in. zip neck with locking zipper pull Flatlock seams Raglan sleeves SPECIFICATIONS of the Ibex Men's Shak Jersey 100% Merino Wool 21 micron Heavyweight Ponte Knit 380 g/m2 Semi fit

- Moosejaw refers to the men's version

With its subtle and refined look, the merino wool Ibex Shak Jersey sweater can be used for almost any activity. Wear it as a mid-layer on backcountry trips or casual outings.

- REI refers to the men's version

The Ibex Shak Jersey is an ideal blend of warmth, breathability, durability and stretch. It isn't a best-selling favorite for nothing! Use it for climbing, mountaineering, hiking and everyday urban exploration. Put one to the test! Semi-fit 11 in zip neck w/ locking zipper pull Raglan sleeves Flatlock seams Machine washable Dense ponte knit 21 micron

- OMCgear refers to the men's version

Forget synthetics; your grandpa knew wool was best and you'll agree once you pull on the Ibex Shak T-Neck Jersey. Dense-knit soft merino sheds water, snow and wind, breathes well and resists odors, making it the ultimate performance midlayer. A deep 11-inch zip gives you some extra ventilation for days when you're working up a sweat on the slopes.

- Backcountry.com refers to the men's version