Ibex Zepher Skull Cap

A comfortable merino wool hat that will become your…

Source: received it as a sample, freebie, or prize (The awesome folks at Trailspace!)

Summary

A comfortable merino wool hat that will become your new favorite hat within a few minutes of wearing it. Definitely worth spending a few bucks on (though mine was a prize).

Pros

• Warm
  • Looks good

Cons

• The Trailspace logo pulled it slightly out of lay.

So I have a SERIOUS PROBLEM with this hat....pretty soon it's going to be too warm to wear it all the time.

IMG_20140226_131507_122.jpg

This merino wool hat is phenomenally comfortable and comforting. I've been home sick all day today. The house has been cold, and I've been in my jammies and Ibex Zepher Skull Cap the entire time.

Aside from pulling nursing duty, the Zepher is a great piece of head gear to have in the outdoors. In mild temps or when I'm working up a sweat, this provides the right amount of warmth. When temps have fallen into single digits, I've layered this with my Black Rock Beanie for an unbeatable combo of warmth and comfort.

IMG_20140226_141614_067.jpg

The fit is nice. It's not too tight (although, wearing glasses for an extended period does create those dreaded tender spots behind the ears). People have complimented me on the color.

The only con is when the Trailspace logo was sewn onto it, it pulled the lay of the hat just a bit. It's not a huge con. It's just enough to annoy me a tad. Since most people would be looking to buy this sans logo, it's not a big deal.

IMG_20140226_110314_611.jpg
(Note the dimple in all 3 pics below and right of
the logo. That's a the pull I'm talking about.)

Thanks for pointing out the logo changed the hat's lay on yours, Goose. I've got the same exact one as you (same color) with no pulling. Looks good!

Like I said, no big deal. Thanks for all you do!

Bill "L.Dog" Garlinghouse

The only dimples I note are at the corners of yer big ole' grin!

Bentbrook

G00SE, would you describe this as a comfort fit? I have an old Mountain Hardwear beanie that fits me great (no idea what model), but newer ones I've tried are too tight and make my head itch! In search of beanie moksha . . .

KiwiKlimber

Now that the winter season is coming to an end, I'd like to think I won't need a beanie again until next snow season. However, my beanie itched all winter and I'm looking to get a new one. I'll likely wait another month or so until they really go on sale. Any idea what you're head size is, Goose? I see these are one size fits most, and my big head usual doesn't fall into the "most" category. Thanks.

@L.Dog--LOL! @Brentbook--if there wasn't an office dress code, I would have never taken this thing off when it was so cold this winter. VERY comfortable. No itch @Kiwi--I find a non-adjustable Medium hat to be too snug & a Large to be too big. This fit me just right, even when having to slip my glasses on.

andrew f.

ibex makes a beanie i like, looks a little smaller than this (not as much fabric, rides higher on my head) though i think they call it the 'meru.' my favorite light hat, i have two - black and oatmeal. awesome fabric.

This Ibex Zepher Merino Wool Skull Cap that I received…

Source: received it as a sample, freebie, or prize (Trailspace )

Summary

This Ibex Zepher Merino Wool Skull Cap that I received from TS has quickly become my go-to beanie. Highly recommended!!

Pros

• Good fit
  • Warm
  • Versatile

Cons

• Loosens a bit after a few uses

I really like this beanie. It was a gift from TS for posting a picture in Glacier Nat'l Park of my water bottle with a TS sticker.  Thanks again, TS!!

It is very versatile in different weather conditions and has been great for hiking, jogging, outdoor sleeping and general use.  It looks good and fits very comfortably. It keeps my head warm and functions as it should. I noticed it doesn't make my head itch as bad as most of my other beanies.  That is a big plus.

It does loosen a bit after a few uses but a quick wash and cycle through the dryer tighten it right back up.

Glad you're enjoying the beanie, Jason!

Ja. R.