Icebreaker Anatomica Brief

As near perfect as can be. Great fit, ideal support…

Summary

As near perfect as can be. Great fit, ideal support that's typically difficult to find, the moisture management of Merino wool and as comfortable as can be. I've bought four more pairs since the first ones cause I never want to wear cotton underwear again. Highly recommended, but you may have to raid the piggy bank.

Pros

• Great cut, fit and support.
  • Extremely comfortable.
  • Moisture wicking Merino wool
  • Wear them for days without becoming offensive.
  • Dry in near minutes.
  • Virtually the only company that makes a Merino brief.

Cons

• Fabric is a touch thin.
  • Buku pricey.

I'm 5'9", 180ish pounds with a typically 32 inch waist and a muscular physique. The mediums were a perfect fit. At the risk of bragging, I typically have a difficult time finding briefs that provide adequate support and in that category, boxers or so called, boxer briefs — asinine idea..., are really out of the question.

Hey, some women need that four or five clasp bra, I need drawers that provide support. Sorry for the TMI but there is nothing worse than being uncomfortable in that area. Icebreaker appears to be one of the only companies out there that realize that fact and make a brief along with their boxer line and these do not disappoint.

Shape/cut, stretch, support, breath-ability and softness all are just top of the line. Comfort is miles above any of the synthetics I've tried and without the stink that is inherent with synthetics not to mention that feeling like your wearing a plastic bag on your ass.

I do a lot of paddling trips in the summer, camping on islands, next to rivers and in the typical infamous Northeast humidity. I can wash these in a minute or two and hang them to dry before hitting the sac, they will be dry when I wake and long before. I have no issues zipping off the legs of my hiking pants, going for a swim and hitting the trail, they will be dry in no time and never uncomfortable. No grief with putting another bottom layer over them in the winter.

The material is a bit on the thin side, especially on the side panels, kind of equivalent to a 150 weight Merino but after putting one pair through near daily use for over a year, I can say they wear well and don't lose their shape/stretch out like cotton. I did eventually put my finger right through one of the side panels while pulling them on one day but it did take quite a while. Any thicker and they might start to hold more moisture/take longer to dry, so I guess the fabric weight has to be a compromise with durability. After more than a year of constant use it is hard to fault them, until you look at replacement cost.

Great for regular travel too as you can get away with two pair for even a long term trip. The Merino does not support the growth of bacteria and you can get away with multiple day use but it's a breeze to wash them out, ring them in a dry towel and hang in your hotel room, they will be dry in an hour or so.

Only thing I don't like about them is I can't live without them now and they aint cheap! They are also notoriously difficult to find, even on the net and even on Icebreakers' website. I guess they only do occasional production runs. I keep my eyes open for them and snag them whenever I can find them at a reasonable price.

Visit Icebreaker's Anatomica Brief page.

The Icebreaker Anatomica Briefs are part of the Icebreaker Premium Underwear Collection. These are an ultralite 150gm Merino Wool, naturally moisture wicking, temperature regulating, and extremely comfortable.

- CampSaver.com

The Icebreaker BodyFit 150-Ultralite Anatomica Brief regulates body temperature and naturally resists odor for all-day comfort whether you're on the trail or off it. Flatlock seams reduce bulk when you have a lot of layers on cold days.

On Sale. Icebreaker Men's Anatomica Brief FEATURES of the Icebreaker Men's Anatomica Brief Slim fit Closed contour pouch Flatlock stitching prevents chafing 1.3in. / 3.2 cm icebreaker satin jacquard waistband SPECIFICATIONS of the Icebreaker Men's Anatomica Brief 150gm jersey/96% merino/4% lycra

Our Premium Underwear collection are made from our lightest, finest Bodyfit150 fabric, so the stylish Anatomica Briefs are as comfortable as they are sexy.

- RockCreek