Icebreaker Tech T Lite

This shirt does everything I was told and more. I…

Source: received it as a personal gift

Summary

This shirt does everything I was told and more. I use it for casual wear, for exercising and will use it as an undershirt when it gets cold again. It breathes better than any synthetic I've worn.

Pros

• Versatile - So many uses

This shirt reminds me of my Asolo Fugitive GTX boots: it fits perfectly, I wish I could wear it every day. Now that I'm retired, maybe I will!

The Merino wool breathes better than any synthetic fabric I've ever worn. The wicking is also better than synthetics I've worn for running, cycling or working in the hot Texas summer. Unlike the synthetics, it's not prone to snag and run every time I catch on something. The fabric is soft and so I don't have the chaffing problems I used to have when I run a longer distance.

The workmanship is superb. The knitting is consistent and so the finish gives you a shirt that I wear for casual occasions. It's not so form-fitting that it looks like you're trying to show off your physique.

If it ever gets cold again, I'll be wearing it as an undershirt, too. The breath-ability and hydrophobic characteristics will be just what I'll be looking for.

Buy this shirt.

This shirt has been associated with a lot of promotional…

This shirt has been associated with a lot of promotional hype to justify a high price tag and poorly thought out intentions for use. While the use of merino wool is excellent for snug-fitting baselayers+/or 'skins', lightweight merino fabric for hot-warm weather or high activity loose-fit gear is inappropriate.

Even at moderate temperatures I found the fabric itchy, irritating and hot (superfine merino wool is not 'itch-free' as many manufacturers/merchants claim-just relatively less so than coarser wool types and grades). Add to that the fact that the seams are not sewn flat (particularly irritating in the sleeve) and I was left wondering why I spent some $80 on it.

As for the issue of wool being relatively resistant to collecting body odour I saw no particular advantage over similar wicking polyester equivalents - I tried wearing the shirt continuously for three days straight and while it obviously 'performed' better than a cotton t might, my girlfried independently informed me that it still smelled pretty awfully toward the end!

It does the job of wicking moisture as one might expect but this is no consolation. Particularly given that there are more durable lightweight polyester quick drying/wicking t-shirts out there that feel vastly more soft handed  + comfortable, have flat seams, feel cooler in hot conditions and can be worn for the same amount of time at 1/2 to 1/3 the cost.

Overall a waste of money

Visit Icebreaker's Boys' Tech T Lite page.

Do you need an ultra light weight crew neck t-shirt that keeps its cool under pressure? Try Icebreaker's Tech T Lite Short Sleeve Crew T-Shirts. They're made from 100% merino wool, 150gm ultralight weight, and are naturally odor-resistant and breathable. Whether you're trekking around the city or hiking in the great ourdoors, stay cool and comfortable in this stylish tee.

- SunnySports refers to the men's version

Its all about home: the Mt. Cook Tech T Lite features a bold, contemporary graphic with unmistakable New Zealand flavorall in our thin, light 150gm merino wool to keep you cool in the heat. Perfect for travel, this versatile tee takes up next to no room in the suitcase.

- Ramsey Outdoor refers to the men's version

It's a fact that all t-shirts are not created equal, and that is most certainly the case for the stylish and extremely comfortable Tech T Lite Short Sleeve from Icebreaker. Made from 100% ultralight merino wool that is breathable and naturally odor-free, you know that you will feel great all day long no matter how rough of a day you have. Coming in a variety of colors with a heathered appearance to ensure you look as good as you feel while wearing the Tech T Lite Short Sleeve, you can either wear this as an undershirt during the cooler days or your outer shirt on those balmy summer days. PRODUCT FEATURES: Fabric: 100% merino wool Fit: Regular Ultra lightweight Naturally odor-resistant Breathable Crewe neck Set-in sleeves

- Appalachian Outdoors refers to the men's version

The Icebreaker Tech T Lite is a lightweight, odor resistant and breathable material. Ideal use for any outdoor activity.

- CampSaver.com refers to the men's version