Icebreaker Tech T Lite

This shirt does everything I was told and more. I…

Source: received it as a personal gift

Summary

This shirt does everything I was told and more. I use it for casual wear, for exercising and will use it as an undershirt when it gets cold again. It breathes better than any synthetic I've worn.

Pros

• Versatile - So many uses

This shirt reminds me of my Asolo Fugitive GTX boots: it fits perfectly, I wish I could wear it every day. Now that I'm retired, maybe I will!

The Merino wool breathes better than any synthetic fabric I've ever worn. The wicking is also better than synthetics I've worn for running, cycling or working in the hot Texas summer. Unlike the synthetics, it's not prone to snag and run every time I catch on something. The fabric is soft and so I don't have the chaffing problems I used to have when I run a longer distance.

The workmanship is superb. The knitting is consistent and so the finish gives you a shirt that I wear for casual occasions. It's not so form-fitting that it looks like you're trying to show off your physique.

If it ever gets cold again, I'll be wearing it as an undershirt, too. The breath-ability and hydrophobic characteristics will be just what I'll be looking for.

Buy this shirt.

This shirt has been associated with a lot of promotional…

This shirt has been associated with a lot of promotional hype to justify a high price tag and poorly thought out intentions for use. While the use of merino wool is excellent for snug-fitting baselayers+/or 'skins', lightweight merino fabric for hot-warm weather or high activity loose-fit gear is inappropriate.

Even at moderate temperatures I found the fabric itchy, irritating and hot (superfine merino wool is not 'itch-free' as many manufacturers/merchants claim-just relatively less so than coarser wool types and grades). Add to that the fact that the seams are not sewn flat (particularly irritating in the sleeve) and I was left wondering why I spent some $80 on it.

As for the issue of wool being relatively resistant to collecting body odour I saw no particular advantage over similar wicking polyester equivalents - I tried wearing the shirt continuously for three days straight and while it obviously 'performed' better than a cotton t might, my girlfried independently informed me that it still smelled pretty awfully toward the end!

It does the job of wicking moisture as one might expect but this is no consolation. Particularly given that there are more durable lightweight polyester quick drying/wicking t-shirts out there that feel vastly more soft handed  + comfortable, have flat seams, feel cooler in hot conditions and can be worn for the same amount of time at 1/2 to 1/3 the cost.

Overall a waste of money

Visit Icebreaker's Boys' Tech T Lite page.

Designed for everyday wear and trekking in the hills, the merino wool Icebreaker Tech T Lite Wave T-Shirt can be worn by itself in the summer or in combination with layers in cool weather.

- REI refers to the men's version

Do you need an ultra light weight crew neck t-shirt that keeps its cool under pressure? Try Icebreaker's Tech T Lite Short Sleeve Crew T-Shirts. They're made from 100% merino wool, 150gm ultralight weight, and are naturally odor-resistant and breathable. Whether you're trekking around the city or hiking in the great ourdoors, stay cool and comfortable in this stylish tee.

- SunnySports refers to the men's version

The Icebreaker Men's Tech Lite National Park T-Shirt thrives in the outdoors whether you're backpacking in the mountains or sipping coffee outside a cafe under the sun. Its merino wool regulates your body temperature, feels soft and non-itchy, and naturally resists odor over extended periods of time without a wash. The dynamic print on the front features hidden elements and a bold use of color to bring nature with you.

- Backcountry.com refers to the men's version

On Sale. Free Shipping. Icebreaker Men's Tech T Lite SS FEATURES of the Icebreaker Men's Tech T Lite Short Sleeve Ultra lightweight A touch of Lycra for a great fit Naturally odor-resistant Breathable Crewe neck Set-in sleeves SPECIFICATIONS of the Icebreaker Men's Tech T Lite Short Sleeve Ultra lightweight 150 gm merino jersey Regular fit 100% merino wool

- Moosejaw refers to the men's version