Inov-8 Mudroc 280

I'm a fairly experienced trail runner and ultramarathoner…

Use: Muddy, short-distance, hilly trail running
Break-in Period: none

I'm a fairly experienced trail runner and ultramarathoner running trails in northern Kentucky. The inov-8 Mudroc 280s were my first inov-8 shoe, and I initially ran too many long runs in them. These shoes are great for shorter distances, extremely muddy terrain, and running hill workouts. They are not good for distances over 10 miles or so, at least not for me.

They're super light, and I ended up tweaking a ligament in my right ankle by overdoing the mileage in these. Now I use them for short, fast runs, hill training, etc. They're great shoes that give me a wonderful feel for the surface of the trail, very close to running barefoot.

Great speedy trail shoe. Feels like running barefoot.

Use: trail running
Break-in Period: none

Great speedy trail shoe. Feels like running barefoot.

This is just a short review because it only took a…

Materials: Hard plastic under synthetic mesh
Use: None
Break-in Period: None

This is just a short review because it only took a second trying these on to experience the blinding pain these shoes caused driving hard plastic barely covered by thin material deep into my heel. No amount of breaking in could've softened these shoes and I sent them back the next day, done with Inov-8 forever, after having similar problems with Terroc 330's.

Inov-8 Mudroc 280

The Mudroc 280 has been discontinued.

The Inov-8 Mudroc 280 is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen June 26, 2009 at EMS.