Inov-8 Race Pro 4

Capacity 4 L / 244 cu in
Height 18 cm
Width 44 cm
Depth 15 cm

My go-to short distance, sub 2 hour, trail runner…

Summary

My go-to short distance, sub 2 hour, trail runner pack.

Pros

• Small
  • Packs the essentials
  • Horizontal hydration system

This has been a great purchase. I have a variety of running packs I use dependent on where and how long I intend to run. This pack is great for sub 2 hour runs.

The fit is superb. It cinches tight and does not jiggle nor loosen during my runs. It is very comfortable to wear.

The capacity is as advertised. Internally the bag fits my first aid kit, spare socks, tissues, and waterproof jacket.  The external bungee straps I put my ultralight wind jacket into.

The hip pockets are the real strength. One is waterproof and the other open mesh. I put food and gels in the open mesh and stow my gloves, running hat and keys in the waterproof pockets.

The hydration is a vertical 2 litre bladder that has a long hose that attaches to the belt.  It is comfortable and doesn't slosh around. More than enough water for a run that often can extend over 2 hours.

I can't recommend this pack enough.

Inov-8 Race Pro 4

The Inov-8 Race Pro 4 is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen July 4, 2009 at RockCreek.

If you're looking for a new lumbar/hip pack, check out the best reviewed current models.