Inov-8 Roclite 295

WEIGHT 295 G / 10.4 OZ
UPPER SYNTHETIC, NYLON
LINING MESH
SIZES 8-13 (HALF SIZES) AND 14 (FULL SIZES)

This is my third pair of inov-8 trail runners, and…

Use: Marathon and shorter trail running
Break-in Period: None
Price Paid: 0.00 (Won a Contest)

This is my third pair of inov-8 trail runners, and my absolute favorite of the bunch (I also own a pair of Mudroc 280s and a pair of Roclite 318 GTXs). The shoes are lightweight, breathable, and roomy in the toe box. They run true to size.

I run a lot of wooded, rocky, and root-covered single-track in northern Kentucky, and the Roclite 295s are definitely my go-to shoe out of the five trail shoe models I run in. They provide an excellent feel for the trail, yet are more supportive than the Mudroc 280, making them capable of handling longer distances. I don't think I'd run a 50-miler in them, but I'd feel comfortable in using them for marathon distance and below on the trails.

The sticky sole compound helps prevent slips and spills on wet rocks and roots, and the breathable nylon uppers shed water quickly after being submerged in stream crossings. The cleat pattern on the soles also sheds mud well, and provides excellent traction in sloppy stuff.

The Roclite 318 GTX will still be my shoe of choice for winter-time running in sloppy conditions, but the new Roclite 295 is great for everything else.