Inov-8 Roclite 318 GTX

A great shoe for long distance trail runs in muddy,…

Break-in Period: None

A great shoe for long distance trail runs in muddy, snowy, or otherwise sloppy conditions. I ran in a pair of these in a local 50 km trail race in extremely rugged terrain. There was snow and mud throughout the course, and the Roclite 318 GTXs turned in a stellar performance.

These shoes were brand new, fresh out of the box when I laced them up for that race. I've run enough to know better, but needed a Gore-Tex-lined shoe due to the course conditions. I had ordered a pair of TNF Ultra 103 XCRs, but ended up sending them back as they were 1-1/2 sizes too large, but the replacements hadn't arrived by the day before the race. I purchased the inov-8s at the Trail Store in Louisville (highly recommended!) and was glad that I did.

I wore a pair of Dirty Girl gaiters over the tops and between those and the Gore-tex lining of the inov-8s, my feet stayed nice and dry. I never even changed socks, though my lower half was almost entirely coated in cold, wet mud. The shoes were comfortable, roomy in the toe box, reasonable light, and the sticky sole compound resulted in zero slipping on wet rocks and roots.

If you've owned or used an Inov-8 Roclite 318 GTX, please share your experience.

Inov-8 Roclite 318 GTX

The Inov-8 Roclite 318 GTX is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen October 30, 2013 at Sierra Trading Post.

WEIGHT 318 G / 8.1 OZ
UPPER SYNTHETIC, TPU
LINING GORE-TEX®
SIZES 4-13 (HALF SIZES) AND 14 (FULL SIZES)