Jackson Kayaks Journey 14 With Rudder

Great handling boat, I used this boat on the class…

Price Paid: $1399 x 2

Summary

Great handling boat, I used this boat on the class 2 river and also in the Georgia Bay. I am very impressed with boat and would recommend that everyone check this boat out before purchasing any kayak.

I have the 14 foot with rudder and I am 6 foot tall and weigh 170 and the boat is perfect for me. I use the adjustable hip pads to make the fit just perfect for me. My wife is 5 foot 7in and she weighs 130 and she also uses the hip pads to make her fit nice and snug.

I really have nothing but good things to say about this boat. I personally think I have the best boat on the market. I have owned many other boats as well and they were just fine but this boat for me takes it to another level.

Pros

• Construction
  • Comfort
  • Maneuverability
  • Rigging

Cons

• Can't find any as of yet

This boat is really top quality, I received it 2 weeks ago and have been on the water 2 times since receiving it. I must say that I am so impressed with the high quality and solid construction. The rudder system takes some getting used to but after a while it becomes second nature. The boat rigging is solid and the sweet cheeks seating system is great.

I think you should check out this boat at your local kayak dealer. The Jackson kayak company is truly a great company and I have chatted with them about spec and they are alway pleasant and willing to answer questions. If you are willing to pay an extra $200 you can get a custom color boat which is really cool. Mine is white.

I can tell that after a few hours of paddling this boat I seem to find myself doing thing that I could not do as well in my other boat. I enjoy surfing and riding wave and this boat really made a difference for me. I like the stability as well. I bought a white boat and a red boat. I wish they made a mini journey for my daughters as I would buy two of those as well. Hope this helps.

You used to road trip to the mountains when you wanted to go camping, but now that you have the Jackson Kayak Journey 14 Kayak with Rudder, you just paddle to secluded coastal inlets when you need a few days of relaxation in a wild place. Designed by world champion paddlers, the stable and easy-gliding hull is certain to please whether you're brand new to paddling or have a decade of experience under your belt. The Smart Track Rudder is easily controlled via adjustable foot pedals, and the seating provides serious all-day comfort.

Jackson Kayaks Journey 14 with Rudder Touring KayakDesigned for the touring paddler who seeks out a boat to champion themselves into the next levels of their adventures. The Journey offers speed, stability and comfort for paddlers looking to push their adventures to greater heights. This kayak utilizes best-in-class design techniques in edge control, something very important rarely found in 14 foot type touring boats. Whether you are paddling just for the day or for several days, the Journey is fantastic.The Basics: Jackson Kayaks designs have made our whitewater kayaks #1. There is exceptional history behind the craftmanship of Dave Knight and Tony Lee. The Journey's construction takes advantage of what these two have learned over the many years of designing the worlds best kayaks, making this boat durable beyond expectations. From a materials standpoint, we use the same plastic resin in our touring kayaks as we do for our most hard c

- River Sports Outfitters