Jackson Kayaks Journey 14 With Rudder

Great handling boat, I used this boat on the class…

Price Paid: $1399 x 2

Great handling boat, I used this boat on the class 2 river and also in the Georgia Bay. I am very impressed with boat and would recommend that everyone check this boat out before purchasing any kayak.

I have the 14 foot with rudder and I am 6 foot tall and weigh 170 and the boat is perfect for me. I use the adjustable hip pads to make the fit just perfect for me. My wife is 5 foot 7in and she weighs 130 and she also uses the hip pads to make her fit nice and snug.

I really have nothing but good things to say about this boat. I personally think I have the best boat on the market. I have owned many other boats as well and they were just fine but this boat for me takes it to another level.

• Construction
  • Comfort
  • Maneuverability
  • Rigging

• Can't find any as of yet

This boat is really top quality, I received it 2 weeks ago and have been on the water 2 times since receiving it. I must say that I am so impressed with the high quality and solid construction. The rudder system takes some getting used to but after a while it becomes second nature. The boat rigging is solid and the sweet cheeks seating system is great.

I think you should check out this boat at your local kayak dealer. The Jackson kayak company is truly a great company and I have chatted with them about spec and they are alway pleasant and willing to answer questions. If you are willing to pay an extra $200 you can get a custom color boat which is really cool. Mine is white.

I can tell that after a few hours of paddling this boat I seem to find myself doing thing that I could not do as well in my other boat. I enjoy surfing and riding wave and this boat really made a difference for me. I like the stability as well. I bought a white boat and a red boat. I wish they made a mini journey for my daughters as I would buy two of those as well. Hope this helps.

Jackson Kayaks Journey 14 With Rudder

$1,199.00 - $1,379.00

The Jackson Kayaks Journey 14 With Rudder is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen February 22, 2016 at Backcountry.com.

If you're looking for a new touring kayak, check out the best reviewed current models.

Granite Gear Air Zippditty Review

MSR Evo Ascent Review

Gregory Baltoro 65 Review

The A.T. Guide (2016 Northbound) Review

Weegie Weekenders

Trailspace in the morning...and a new hat idea?