JanSport Alpine Access 49

I bought two of these packs. One for my son and one…

Design: Top loading internal frame with zip opening back panel
Size: 3000 cubic inch
Number of Pockets: One main, one external
Max. Load Carried: 40 lbs
Height of Owner: 5'11''

I bought two of these packs. One for my son and one for me. We have used these packs on several 3 day/2 night trips and have been very pleased with the quality and comfort. So far there have been no stitching issues even when stuffing it to the gills.

The slight taper from bottom to top does limit where you pack things. The biggest issue has been the placement of a bear canister. We have the gear placement pretty much down to a science now so the canister is a mute point.

I would highly recommend this pack for its price, its construction, comfort and performance. I am very pleased with the quality of this Jansport product.

The Jansport Alpine Access 49 is a sweet pack for long backcountry tours. If you need a pack that carries skis, shovel, probe, extra layers and food, check out the Alpine Access.

- Backcountry Outlet

The Jansport Alpine Access 49 backpack is a flexible, midsize pack for the backcountry. S-curved Airlift shoulder straps with Gelastic Gellycomb , dual-density foam and load lifter straps help make it comfortable to carry. An HDPE frame sheet and Power Light stay provide the structure needed for heavier loads.

- FogDog Sports

JanSport Alpine Access 49

The Alpine Access 49 has been discontinued.

The JanSport Alpine Access 49 is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen May 1, 2006 at Backcountry Outlet.