JanSport Big Bear 88

I Love this backpack!!! I've had it a while now, and…

Design: Top loading
Size: 5400
Number of Pockets: 7
Max. Load Carried: 32 lbs.
Height of Owner: 5-9

I Love this backpack!!! I've had it a while now, and the way its set up is awesome. It's nicely waterproof, very light, stores everything I need and more!

My favorite feature is however, the cinch straps. They smash the pack to keep your stuff in place and super snug, but mostly I find myself just pre-smashing it to take on short trips!

The only downside in my mind, is the side access pockets are at the bottom, and then you have a top access one. Bottom line, if your stuff is in the middle you can't get it unless you want to really dig.

I love this backpack though!!! Good for someone who needs to stretch their dollar.
-pirate

The JanSport Big Bear 88 Backpack carries a ridiculous amount of gear in the 5400cu inches and keeps everything organized with a load of pockets. Fill this JanSport bag to the brim and hit the trail while the double aluminum stays and S-Curve shoulder straps provide the support you need to save your back. Four compression straps keep your gear from flopping around inside, and this bag even includes bungee cords to strap on more stuff if you run our of room.

A value oriented internal frame hiking backpack. This is a great pack for extended trips into the backcountry or an international expedition.

- Rocky Mountain Trail

The JanSport Big Bear is a durable, versatile pack that's lightweight, with a large capacity, designed for week-long backpacking trips. Ergonomic S-curve shoulder straps. Top-loading main compartment with compression hood. Dual side zippered pockets. Large front panel sleeve for quick access to key items. Sliding harness system allows fit adjustment for a wide range of torso lengths. HDPE framesheet with mono 6061 aluminum tubular stays. Hydration-Ready: reservoir sleeve (holds 3-liter reservoir, not included), exit port and tube management. Dual side water bottle pockets. Mesh wet/dry pocket. Side compression straps keep pack close to the body and manage the load. Ice axe loop & haul loop. Sleeping bag compartment. Bungee compression. Made of 600 denier polyester/210 Boxcar Dobby polyester. Fits torso lengths 17-20". Capacity 5400 cu. in. Size: 34"x13.5"x13.5". Wt. 4 lbs. 2 oz.

- Campmor

JanSport Big Bear 88

The Big Bear 88 has been discontinued.

The JanSport Big Bear 88 is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen March 4, 2011 at Backcountry.com.

If you're looking for a new expedition pack (4,500+ cu in), check out the best reviewed current models.