JanSport Cordillera 33

Through the years I have owed several different types…

Max. Load Carried: 45LBS
Price Paid: Approx. $48

Through the years I have owed several different types and brands of backpack/daypacks! After shopping for about 4 months for my next perfect multi-use pack (almost 10 years ago) I found the Jansport Cordillera 33!

What a bitchin pack!!!! It's been through California, Arizona, Nevada, Oregon, and Washington. I was very picky about purchasing the right pack because I use it for everything, daily supplies for my motorcycle ride to work, camping, hiking, climbing, day trips, 4wheelin, dirtbike riding... EVERYTHING, EVERY DAY!!!!

I can't honestly say anything bad about this pack. The straps are placed well and comfortable for all-day hikes, physical size is perfect and holds all my gear (with the use of external straps), multiple smaller outer zipper pockets for the stuff you want at quickly.

Not setup for a bladder mouth piece out the top but has water bottle holders on both sides witch are handy on hikes! And my wife (who is much shorter than me) is comfortable when wearing it!!!!

After about 10 years of constant abuse (including a 70mph crash on my old street bike about 9 years ago) the pack still works great including all the zippers and snap buckles! The bottom of the pack is now showing signs of its hard life ;( so it's time for a new one and I will absolutly be buying another Cordillera 33.

For me, it is THE PERFECT PACK!!!! I would highly recommend this pack to anyone looking for the perfect multi-use pack!

I used it on a 6-week Euro-trip... Loved it! Several…

Design: Top/front loading, w/mutiple zippered pockets
Size: 2,000 cu.in./33 liters
Number of Pockets: 5 - 3 zip, 2 mesh
Max. Load Carried: 35 pounds
Height of Owner: 5'-11"

I used it on a 6-week Euro-trip... Loved it! Several outside pockets for things you need to get at without unpacking, ie. snacks, book, flashlight, bottle, etc. Even though it has many zippered outer pockets, it is still fairly secure in "pushy" crowds (as in boarding ferries). The shape is good for narrow train car aisles. A taller pack (like this one) seems to work better than a fat pack in tight spots. It fit under many train seats, where fatter packs did not.

Here is the most important; it's comfortable! Has top handle -- a must, for me!

I found this Web site while searching for another JanSport Cordillera 33. If you know where to buy one, please let me know. Thanks.

My favorite daypack. I got it a few years ago on eBay.

Design: Front loading technical daypack
Number of Pockets: 4 zippered/2 mesh
Max. Load Carried: about 20 lbs.
Height of Owner: 6' 2"

My favorite daypack. I got it a few years ago on eBay. With its main compartment and additional pockets it easily carries all I need for a long day of hiking in any type of weather; raingear, jacket, first-aid kit, lunch, water bottles, essentials, etc., with room to spare.

Its steamline design fits securely on my back and is extremely comfortable. It's roomy enough for ultralight weekend trips, yet compressible enough for short dayhikes. Not many of these packs around anymore, but you might get lucky and find one on sites like eBay or Craigslist.

It is great! I am about 5'3" and it is perfect for…

It is great! I am about 5'3" and it is perfect for a woman of my size, holds everything that I need and more!

If you've owned or used a JanSport Cordillera 33, please share your experience.

JanSport Cordillera 33

The Cordillera 33 has been discontinued.

The JanSport Cordillera 33 is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen sometime before 2006 at Backcountry.com.