JanSport Endeavor 8000

One of the best packs ever made. Simply the best.

Summary

One of the best packs ever made.

Pros

• Relatively light
  • Hauls bulky heavy loads with ease

Cons

• Straps are too long
  • No internal pockets

Simply the best. I am a longtime climber with significant guiding experience and this pack is the best I have used bar none. Simple, uncluttered, and you can get a lot into it without getting frustrated (imporant in cold winds and at altitude).

I use it all the time for backpacking simply because the harness is so comfortable. The pack also weighs in at a mere 4 pounds. Jansport should re-issue it.

Yeah, that's right, I got it for $109 on eBay. I used…

Size: 4000 CI+
Max. Load Carried: 50 lbs
Height of Owner: 5' 9"

Yeah, that's right, I got it for $109 on eBay. I used this pack on Shasta in May. It's light, comfortable and durable. I have only had it out in the field for a couple days but it withstood some very wet conditions. The cloth that the pack is made out of is some strong stuff. My only regret is that this pack does not have a daisychain and thus makes it difficult to attach stuff to the outside.

If you've owned or used a JanSport Endeavor 8000, please share your experience.

JanSport Endeavor 8000

The Endeavor 8000 has been discontinued.

The JanSport Endeavor 8000 is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen December 12, 2008 at Backcountry.com.

If you're looking for a new expedition pack (4,500+ cu in), check out the best reviewed current models.