JanSport L'Hasa Hotel

............. . . .like the above reviewer, we have…

Price Paid: don't remember

............. . . .like the above reviewer, we have used a L'Hasa Hotel for years, and I dread the day it has to be replaced.  I love the layout and details of construction that have allowed us so many great nights camping.

It's a bit heavy for backpacking (share the load between 2 hikers and it's fine), but we do more car and boat camping, or staying outside when visiting friends, so the weight hasn't been an issue.

I would LOVE to track down another one!

JanSport only sold these Walrus made tents in 1996.

Design: 4 season
Ease of Setup: Your grandma probably can't set it up, but you'll be able to
Weight: 9lbs
Price Paid: $170 on sale

JanSport only sold these Walrus made tents in 1996. There are probably a few out there at good prices. Original retail was $350. This low roofed, three poled tent (fourth pole for the vestibule) will stand up to nearly everything. All seams on the floor and fly are factory taped so no seam sealing is needed. It has a huge vestibule and also a back door allowing you to fill the vestibule with gear. Headroom is lacking, but it's a small price for peace of mind that the tent will still be standing when you wake up in the morning. This is the tent I bring along when I know the weather is going to get nasty.

JanSport L'Hasa Hotel

The L'Hasa Hotel has been discontinued.

The JanSport L'Hasa Hotel is not available from the stores we monitor.

If you're looking for a new four-season tent, check out the best reviewed current models.