Vintage Jansport Middleton - Blue leather and nylon…

Vintage Jansport Middleton - Blue leather and nylon external aluminum frame

Jansport-Middleton.jpg
This is what I started out backpacking with. It was given to me by my father, and he never used it after buying it brand new many years ago. I received it in 2004, loaded it up with EVERYTHING it seemed like and thus began my journey.

It has served me very well since then. Back in 2009 I began to gradually transition to lighter backpacking and always found the Jansport to be a solid built product. It wasn't too terribly heavy.

The materials out lasted the abuses of being in the outdoors and all the rigors that came with it. The nylon strapping and aluminum frame endured, while the actual body of the pack began to disintegrate around the seams, zippers, and outer edges. The buckles and straps are very tough.

This is a very good put together external framed backpack, designed to outlast what the outdoors has to throw at it.

I would recommend Jansport backpacks in general.