JanSport Skirmish 33

I purchased this after I recently joined a search…

Design: top loading
Size: 2025 ci
Number of Pockets: 3 main compartments 2 side ones for water small pocket for esential gear or sun glasses
Height of Owner: 5'11"
Price Paid: $70 and $30 for the Camelbak with a 15 % off coupon

I purchased this after I recently joined a search and rescue outfit. I find this to be great and extremely comfortable. It has an added space for a Camelbak and a fleece lined puch for your sunglasses. I originaly was going to buy just a hydration pack but found them to be on the small size, and I am slightly on the larger size. Great for day hikes or light overnighters. I was able to get the 10 esentials and two days worth of food and still had room left over for a tube tent. It has ice pick loops and few other gear hooks, so you could probaly attach a small sleeping bag if needed.

Spent over two hours at Paragon Sports trying on over…

Design: Technical Daypack
Size: 2025 cu
Number of Pockets: 4 plus 1 for Hydration Bladder
Height of Owner: 5'10

Spent over two hours at Paragon Sports trying on over 40 different models. Kelty, Osprey, Arc'Teryx, Deuter, even Gregory. I knew this pack was a keeper when I first put it on -- nothing even came close its fit.

Pros: (1) Uncomparable fit. (2) It is loaded with features: Water-resistant contruction, sealed zippers similar to those on Arc'Teryx packs, hydration capatable, 2 rugged 1-liter water bottle pockets, tuckaway ice axe loops, as well as glow in the dark zipper pulls. (3) Tons of internal pockets for organization.(4) Highly adjustable design and very compresable. Looks incredible cool.

Cons: Ventilation is acceptable, as with most internal frame packs, expect your back to be slightly damp by the end of the day. Other than that, this pack is everything I want, and nothing I don't.

Overall, the best technical daypack I have ever come across; it blew me away. Materials look very durable, although I'm yet to put it thru though abuse. Don't see myself as an ultralite camper, but I could easily see this pack pulling me through a overnight or two-day trip; even though it is considered a daypack.

Suitable for any day of scrambling, JanSport's Skirmish offers plenty of storage in a streamlined daypack. Dual cargo compartments easily swallow your gear; fleece-lined pocket is designed for sunglasses or goggles. Airlift® shoulder straps offer cushioning where you need it most, Airvent® mesh padding provides ventilation. All zippers are highly water-resistant, protecting the bag's contents from extreme weather elements. Internal pocket holds hydration reservoir (sold separately) for hands-free drinking on the trail. Lightweight, flexible HDPE framesheet helps keep loads from sagging, plus keeps sharp gear from poking you in the back. Waistbelt and back panel are lined with Airvent mesh padding for added comfort. Two side mesh pockets can be cinched down with toggle closures, securing small essentials. Tuck-away ice axe loops cam be stowed when you don't need them. Closeout.

The Jansport Skirmish 33 Backpack is a technical daypack with a focus on versatility and a sleek profile.

- Backcountry Outlet

The Jansport Skirmish 33 technical backpack is packed with features so you can take along plenty of gear on your all-day adventures. It features 2 external pockets, a V-Loft pocket, an internal organizer pocket, tuck-away ice axe loops, and more. Airlift shoulder straps and a dual-density foam back and hipbelt keep it comfortable to carry.

- FogDog Sports

JanSport Skirmish 33

The Skirmish 33 has been discontinued.

The JanSport Skirmish 33 is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen June 3, 2007 at REI.