John Calden Boots Mountain Shoe

I ordered a pair of mountain shoes from John Calden…

Summary

I ordered a pair of mountain shoes from John Calden and visited his shop so he could measure my feet. The shoes were more than a size too long. The shoes did not fit.

Pros

• Leather materials and craftsmanship seem good

Cons

• The shoes were not made to fit my feet.

The shoes were about one-half inch too long and John Calden was not interested in actually seeing how the shoes fit on my feet. His only concern was how the shoes fit his last.

I took him to small claims court and won (see case number 2013 S 000242, Larimer County Court).

Despite all the rhetoric on the website regarding superior fit, he takes not responsibility for it. This is what he wrote me about how my feet, not the last, fit in the shoes he made, "I have no control over what a customer's feet do in them."

For the price I expected an excellent fit.

If you've owned or used a John Calden Boots Mountain Shoe, please share your experience.

John Calden Boots Mountain Shoe

The John Calden Boots Mountain Shoe is not available from the stores we monitor.