Have been using Julbo glasses for years. After deciding…

Summary

Have been using Julbo glasses for years. After deciding to spend a little more, I was very impressed.

Pros

• Adjustable ear
  • Removable blinders
  • Great in high light and low light
  • Comfortable nose rest

Cons

• Padding on nose rest causes more acne between eyebrows.

I used the Julbo Sherpa glasses for years. Went through maybe three pairs. My own fault for letting them get destroyed. But they always worked great. The wrap around the ear holds them very secure and comfortable. The tint of the lens works in high light and low. The removable side blinders make the glasses great to drive with without loosing peripheral vision.

The Micropore are just so much more sturdy and comfortable. I don't worry so much about snapping parts. I do pay more attention to the lens, because they are better quality, but since I never really have to take them off, they stay quite clean and scratch free. And the case works great.

It is a shame that the company is no longer producing these sunglasses. I have to stock up while I can.

Thanks for the review, Matthew. It can be a bummer when a favorite product is no longer made.

I wear Ray Ban Aviators for driving (55mm lens width;…

Pros

• Moldable temple
  • Anti-fogging good

Cons

• Metal temple frame fragile
  • Light comes in

Mount-Moosilauke-Summit.jpg
I wear Ray Ban Aviators for driving (55mm lens width; 14mm bridge width; 135mm temple length).

With the bridge width of 24mm on the Micropores, I thought they would be big but they fit fine and are very comfortable.

Moldable temples are nice for dialing a good fit.

12/3/16 hiked up Mount Moosilauke. On the summit I layered up and put on my Julbos. It was about 20mph winds with gusts to about 35mph and temps. about 15 degrees. The Micropores fogged a little but cleared quickly. The glasses developed icing and so did my friend's goggles while summiting and descending.

The case is useless—hard to open, no padding inside, and after I adjusted my temples on the Micropores they wouldn't fit back in the case.

Light does get in from the top.

Thanks for the review, Jafa. How much snow was there on Moosilauke?

Jafa

Trace to 3" and the wind drifts at the wood line were about a foot.

Thanks for the update!