Karrimor Jaguar 60-80

I've been on the road for 15 years now. Got me my…

Max. Load Carried: 30
Height of Owner: 187cm
Price Paid: 250 eur

I've been on the road for 15 years now. Got me my Karrimor in Iceland. At first I had a hate-love relationship with my backpack. I didn't understand her. Over the years I covered the whole range of areas and got to know her a little better. She finally shared some secrets with me. Overall, my best friend.

The only thing missing, I think is the personal training of people who sell them. They have no idea and send customers away without any feedback. If I was to produce a backpack like that, I would make sure that the importers are trained and informed well by a team of instructors. The shops selling my product receive a breefing about the subject.

In other words, my Karrimor gets 5 stars, but Karrimor is hard to find and if found it is sold by people who don't respect the material by not realising what they have there.

I have used this pack both on short, 2-3 day trips,…

Design: Internal frame backpacking/expedition sack
Size: 60-80 litres
Number of Pockets: 6 plus 2 wand pockets
Max. Load Carried: 3 stone
Height of Owner: 5'10"
Price Paid: £185

I have used this pack both on short, 2-3 day trips, and on longer, week-plus outings. The SA7000 back system is fantastically comfortable, and cannot be faulted apart from that the chest strap seems to be located a little too high. The waist belt allows for excellent leg mobility and the pack is very stable.

I have carried this sack at full capacity (80 litres), with very heavy loads, and still been comfortable. The extendible lid is well designed to keep out rain, and the bellows pockets on the side of the pack don't obstruct arm movement, even when using trekking poles. The sack is versatile and well designed, with a number of attachment points for roll mats etc., wand pockets, and a bungee on the rear to hold wet waterproofs etc.

An excellent, robust pack, well worth the price for regular wilderness backpackers, the Jaguar also has a lifetime guarantee and Karrimor's Gold Star guarantee.

I have to review my 5 star review on my Karrimor.

I have to review my 5 star review on my Karrimor. The belt strap loosens up all the time and is a bit too stiff if you want to fold it backwards to gain space in train compartment. The biggest fault for me now is that one of the tightening straps on the hood just got broken. A clean cut at the seem. This is a part which does not carry any stress. It is almost unfixable (or I have to pay the price of a new pack...). The pack lost all its value to me. I would say that it is a mistake in manufacturing but it is a bit late for that now.

If you've owned or used a Karrimor Jaguar 60-80, please share your experience.

Karrimor Jaguar 60-80

The Jaguar 60-80 has been discontinued.

No price on record.

The Karrimor Jaguar 60-80 is not available from the stores we monitor.