Karrimor Jaguar 65

Bought mine in 1981 when I lived in Todmorden just…

Price Paid: £80?

Summary

Bought mine in 1981 when I lived in Todmorden just over the hill from where they were made. Only issue is my side pockets are buckle closed rather than zipped but anything I put in there goes in a zip lock bag.

Pros

• Very tough

Cons

• Mine is an old design, but still waterproof

Bought mine in 1981 when I lived in Todmorden just over the hill from where they were made. Only issue is my side pockets are buckle closed rather than zipped, but anything I put in there goes in a zip lock bag. It is now my "Go Bag" in case the Zombies come! I can strap my rifle to it!

I also have an orange Karrimor "Good Earth" day pack for rock climbing in the summer. That has survived despite being dragged up rock routes.

Welcome to Trailspace, Patrick. Do you have any pictures of this classic pack?

Welcome to Trailspace, Patrick! It's always fun to hear about packs and other gear that have been in use for so long. I'd love to see some pictures and hear more about how you've used yours.

Patrick Duffy

I used this pack for snow and ice climbing in the Lakes and Ben Nevis. I remember bumping into Joe Brown on Nevis one day about to climb a gulley ahead of us!

Patrick Duffy

It is real shame that all these products have moved to China. I have a Helly Hanson Jacket I bought in the sale at Plas Y Brenin, Wales in 1980 for £30. I have worn it climbing, camping, horse back riding across Wyoming, my daily runs in cold weather. Excellent product and will outlive me! Had to put a new zip in it 2 years ago - apparently the warranty had expired!

Thanks for adding the pictures!

Thanks for the pictures, Patrick! It's great to hear about your gear that's lasted so well.

Very robust pack, any stonger and it would rust. Been…

Design: top loading
Size: ? 65L
Number of Pockets: 4
Max. Load Carried: 25 kilos
Height of Owner: 174 cm
Price Paid: $300 (AUS)

Very robust pack, any stonger and it would rust. Been everywhere with it - buses, ships, trains, beaches, camping, overseas. Unfortunately the carrying system is crap - didn't matter so much when I was 20 yrs old but now it's painful and getting worse - it's a very bad design. The life time warranty is great - they have fixed the pack three times (I am VERY rough with my stuff). hope this helps, cheers.

This backpack comes with the supercool system, which…

Design: internal frame
Size: 65 litres
Number of Pockets: 3 pockets
Max. Load Carried: 22 kgs
Height of Owner: 5 feet 8 inches
Price Paid: RM 900

This backpack comes with the supercool system, which is a lot more comfortable and cooler than the previous system. Have been using it for about 3 and a half years now for mountain expeditions all over Malaysia as well for backpacking around countries as well.

Final verdict: Turns out to be a reliable, versatile and a useful backpack, no complaints and is highly recommended for future buyers. A word of warning though, those made in China are more inferior in terms of quality and realiability compared to those made in UK.

Karrimor Jaguar 65

No price on record.

The Karrimor Jaguar 65 is not available from the stores we monitor.

Congratulations, Top Gear Reviewers of 2016