This is an outstanding boot. It is incredibly comfortable…

This is an outstanding boot. It is incredibly comfortable from the first time you put it on.

I have taken these boots on day hikes, up and down the Grand Canyon, and turkey hunting through deep mud and creeks.  These boots have performed flawlessly and they have been a pleasure to slip on each and every time I have used them.  They have been completely waterproof and wonderfully breathable.

I would highly recommend these boots for anyone looking for a tough high quality boot.

Great boot!!! Very comfy right out of the box. Long…

Materials: leather & event
Use: hiking, backpacking
Break-in Period: none

Great boot!!! Very comfy right out of the box. Long break-in's are a thing of the past with boots like these available.

Lace-to-toe option is great for adjustments and the two upper speed laces are great. These boots go on like slippers but do not let that fool ya; they are lightweight but offer tons of support for backpacking or peak bagging.

Soles stiffness is just right. You can wear these all day and your feet do not sweat; Event lining breathes much better than Gore-tex. Kayland really got it right with this boot.

I was looking for a lighter-weight boot for more difficult,…

Materials: combination of suede and synthetics - eVent lining
Use: light backpacking, scrambling, mountaineering
Break-in Period: pretty short
Weight: 710 gr

I was looking for a lighter-weight boot for more difficult, scrambling hikes that might include some very easy rock climbing and crossing of snow fields. This boot appears to be a perfect choice for peak-bagging with a light load on my back.

The design of the Vertigo High strikes a nice balance between providing support and allowing me to remain nimble.

They feel very light on my feet compared to my full-on trekking and winter climbing boots. Yet the soles are stiff enough to give me good support and protection. The cut of the boots is somewhat asymmetrical - the inside of the forefoot/big toe area is shaped a little bit like a rock-climbing shoe, which adds to my confidence in these boots when scrambling up alpine rock.

My understanding of eVent (as opposed to Gore-Tex) is that it might not be as waterproof, but it is more breathable. My experience with these boots in brief splashes through streams and a bit of walking across slushy snow fields is that they are definitely water-proof enough for my needs; and, pretty decent in their breathability. I'll need more time in them to give a conclusive answer on that though. I haven't subjected them to prolonged wet conditions yet.

The fit is pretty true to size. I am usually between an 8.5 or 9 (US sizing). With these, I went with the 9.

All in all, an excellent boot for mountain scrambles.