Kayland Vertigo High

This is an outstanding boot. It is incredibly comfortable…

This is an outstanding boot. It is incredibly comfortable from the first time you put it on.

I have taken these boots on day hikes, up and down the Grand Canyon, and turkey hunting through deep mud and creeks.  These boots have performed flawlessly and they have been a pleasure to slip on each and every time I have used them.  They have been completely waterproof and wonderfully breathable.

I would highly recommend these boots for anyone looking for a tough high quality boot.

I was looking for a lighter-weight boot for more difficult,…

Materials: combination of suede and synthetics - eVent lining
Use: light backpacking, scrambling, mountaineering
Break-in Period: pretty short
Weight: 710 gr

I was looking for a lighter-weight boot for more difficult, scrambling hikes that might include some very easy rock climbing and crossing of snow fields. This boot appears to be a perfect choice for peak-bagging with a light load on my back.

The design of the Vertigo High strikes a nice balance between providing support and allowing me to remain nimble.

They feel very light on my feet compared to my full-on trekking and winter climbing boots. Yet the soles are stiff enough to give me good support and protection. The cut of the boots is somewhat asymmetrical - the inside of the forefoot/big toe area is shaped a little bit like a rock-climbing shoe, which adds to my confidence in these boots when scrambling up alpine rock.

My understanding of eVent (as opposed to Gore-Tex) is that it might not be as waterproof, but it is more breathable. My experience with these boots in brief splashes through streams and a bit of walking across slushy snow fields is that they are definitely water-proof enough for my needs; and, pretty decent in their breathability. I'll need more time in them to give a conclusive answer on that though. I haven't subjected them to prolonged wet conditions yet.

The fit is pretty true to size. I am usually between an 8.5 or 9 (US sizing). With these, I went with the 9.

All in all, an excellent boot for mountain scrambles.

Great boot!!! Very comfy right out of the box. Long…

Materials: leather & event
Use: hiking, backpacking
Break-in Period: none

Great boot!!! Very comfy right out of the box. Long break-in's are a thing of the past with boots like these available.

Lace-to-toe option is great for adjustments and the two upper speed laces are great. These boots go on like slippers but do not let that fool ya; they are lightweight but offer tons of support for backpacking or peak bagging.

Soles stiffness is just right. You can wear these all day and your feet do not sweat; Event lining breathes much better than Gore-tex. Kayland really got it right with this boot.

If you've owned or used a Kayland Men's Vertigo High, please share your experience.

Kayland Men's Vertigo High

The Kayland Men's Vertigo High is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen November 21, 2013 at CampSaver.com.