Kayland Zephyr

My feet love these boots. They are good for light…

My feet love these boots. They are good for light to med weight backpacking too. I am 5' tall and carried 45 lbs with no problem. These boots are great with no wear in time. LOVE LOVE them.

I tried on Scarpas, La Sportivas, Lowas, Asolos and I returned them all and kept these even though I was unfamiliar with the brand at that time. I will always try on Kaylands before I buy any other kind of boots, like mountaineering boots.

Only thing I can say is: Absolutely the best boot…

Price Paid: $125 on sale

Only thing I can say is: Absolutely the best boot out there!!

I own a pair of Zamberlan 540's, Asolo Fugitives, Dunham Waffle Stompers and Salomon Pro Ice

I bought this pair for my son He never got them 8-). He got the 2nd pair. I will own another pair of these..  Hiked thru rain, mud, wet grass, rocks while carrying a 42# pack, maybe not rated for that, but they did a Great Job!! Dry feet all day.

Backpacker said "they fit 6 different testers' feet, with no problems". I believe them. This is why I bought them. My son complains about how boots fit...NOT a word about these not fitting.

I love these boots. I have owned them for over a year now. You can't tell it by looking.

Description of Kayland Zephyr Hiking Boots - MudThe Kayland Zephyr mens hiking boots breathe like Lance Armstrong racing in the Tour de France without the controversy. Winner of Backpackers Editors Choice Award the Zephyrs eVent waterproof fabric allows your feet to vent sweat while keeping heavy rains at bay. Trek on my young adventurer A Precise Fit and Vibram Mars sole provide out of this world comfort and protection for your tromping pleasure. FeaturesUpper injected cage breathable abrasion resistant textileLining eVent CoconaLast ActiveSole VibramMarsMidsole V-KInsole light

- US Outdoor Store refers to the men's version

The Kayland Zephyr is a new boot in the light hiking category for Kayland The Zephyr features Kaylandss Overinjected System KOS The boot combines lightweight breathable abrasionresistant upper fabrics overinjected with a supportive protective ergonomic PU exoskeletonBackpacker Magazines 2009 Editors Choice Award WinnerFeatures Color Sand Lining Event Cocona Last Active Sole Vibram Mars Midsole VK Insole Light Upper Injected Cage Breathable Abrasion Resistant Textile Size 813 US including half sizes Weight 550 grams Level Of Rigidity 5

- Bentgate.com refers to the men's version

The Kayland Zephyr Hiking Boot, winner of Backpacker Magazines's 2009 Editor's Choice, has the perfect combination of comfort and function. The Kayland Zephyr is a light hiker featuring the Kayland Overinjected System (K.O.S.), combining lightweight, breathable, abrasion resistant upper fabrics, overinjected with a supportive, protective, ergonomic PU exoskeleton. The result is reduced weight and enhanced structural support. Based on the same last as the award winning Vertigo High, the Zephyr boasts an eVent Cocona lining for maximum waterproofness, breathability, odor control, and quick drying capabilities, letting sweat escape up to twice as fast as common waterproof breathables.

- CampSaver.com refers to the men's version

CLOSEOUTS . Whether you're hauling a heavy pack or moving light and fast, Kayland's Zephyr hiking boots with eVentand#174; waterproof breathable technology provide excellent support and all-day comfort in a lightweight package. Available Colors: MUD, SAND. Sizes: 8, 8.5, 9, 9.5, 10, 10.5, 11, 11.5, 12, 13, 12.5, 14.

- Sierra Trading Post refers to the men's version

Kayland built the Men's Zephyr Hiking Boot within an injected PU exoskeleton for bomber structure and ergonomic support. The shoe's lightweight, abrasion-resistant construction incorporates an EVA Integrated Absorbing Driving System for cushioning on hilly terrain. Don't be afraid to take the Zephyr Shoe on long backpacks in hot or cold weather--its eVent Cocona fabric wicks and breathes in summer and sheds water when the storms hit. As the trail steepens, trust Vibram Mars outsoles to provide sure footing.

- Backcountry.com refers to the men's version

Kayland Zephyr

The Zephyr has been discontinued.

The Kayland Zephyr is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen June 6, 2014 at Bentgate.com.