Keen Bali

Keen’s Bali sandals are the best casual/sporty sandals…

Materials: polyester webbing upper, rubber soles
Use: camp/after-hikes, around-town, beach, gardening
Break-in Period: none
Weight: 6.2 ounces

Keen’s Bali sandals are the best casual/sporty sandals I’ve ever worn. I wear them any time I don’t need a technical sport sandal, which comes out to much of the time. So far I’ve used them as camp and after-hiking shoes (with and without socks), for gardening and other outdoor projects, at the beach, and as general around-town shoes (my other casual sandals have been lying in a neglected heap since the Bali sandals arrived a month ago).

They’re obviously not meant for paddling or other technical watersports, and if you plan on doing any serious walking or hiking I’d leave them at home. But as beach and casual/lifestyle footwear for jaunts around town (or camp or the yard) they’re unbeatable and very comfortable.

The toe guard provides plenty of foot protection, but the sandals still feel well ventilated on hot days. It’s nice to be able to wear sandals and not worry about stubbing your toes, as I’m prone to do. They’re super easy to clean off with a hose after camping, gardening, or other dirty yard chores, and I don’t worry about ruining them from dirt, mud, water, and the like, as I would for leather sandals.

The Bali sandals are great for getting out the door fast, versus flimsy flip-flops, which gave me blisters and provided no support, or sneakers and sport sandals, when they’re unnecessary. And they look good. I’ve had quite a few compliments on them from other women who’ve admired and even tried on my Balis.

These are my second of three pairs of Keen shoes (after my 2005 Keen Newports and before my 2006 Keen Chelseas). Each pair has an individual look and, more importantly, remains comfortable no matter how long they’re worn. I like that Keen’s footwear isn’t the same-old, same-old sandal and shoe styles we’ve all seen before. I got the Bali sandals in black (to be practical), but the periwinkle blue is cute too.

So far I’ve been very happy with the fit of all three pairs of Keens and often recommend them to others. I think the lasts that Keen uses for its women’s shoes are very well-matched to my medium to slightly wide foot.

Could these BE any cooler? I bought my first pair…

Materials: typical Keen footwear
Use: work/play/out on the town/casual
Break-in Period: 0

Could these BE any cooler? I bought my first pair in blue and I am waiting for the second in Mango to arrive any day now. I feel like I am in my sneakers but they look great and you can dress them up or down.

They have the same feel and fit as my other Keen footwear -- perhaps they run a tad larger. They look and feel like they can take a beating but still have a feminine touch. Why wear anything else? Also, they show off some toes, but not all my toes, which is good if you have a toe complex like I do.

Visit Keen's Bali page.

Slip your feet into the quick-drying Keen Women's Bali Sandals before you head out for a day at the beach. Their covered-toe design keeps your freshly painted nails safe from all sorts of sand-hidden obstacles, because red is a way better color on you than black and blue. Keen also gave the Bali Sandals an Aegis microbe treatment to ensure they don't start smelling funky after a few days of playing in the waves and chillin' in the sun. After all, you should worry about how your tan is coming along and not about sandal stink.

Give your old flip-flops a flip into the nearest recycle dumpster. Keen's bright and stylish Bali sandals restore summer footwear comfort and quality with a comfortably contoured footbed and fast-drying, star-shaped polyester webbing. This is the kind of support you'll appreciate while traversing hot beach sand, steamy pool sidewalks and uneven round river rocks. Like Keen's best sport sandals, the Bali features an anti-odor AEGIS Microbe Shield treated SBR lining to minimize mildew and other fungus among us. Behind the protective toe bumper is a metatomical injected TPU toe post for extra comfort--even after you accumulate extra sand between your toes.

- Altrec Outdoors

The brightest splash of summer to hit the beach and the most adorable toe protection you'll find. Like a trip to the islands, Keen Bali's feels like a vacation for your feet, with a metatomical EVA footbed, breathable criss-crossed webbing and a lightweight nonmarking sole

- Mountain Gear

CLOSEOUTS . Feel as carefree as if you were on the beaches of Bali each time you step into Keen's Bali slide sandals. No worries about getting sand between your toes, thanks to the closed toe styling. GIS Microbe Shield(R) antimicrobial treatment wards off odor-causing bacteria. EVA midsole with arch support Non-marking traction sole Polyester webbed uppers Medium width CLOSEOUTS . China.

- Sierra Trading Post