Keen Cimarron

I have more shoes than brains and can say that the…

I have more shoes than brains and can say that the Keen Cimarron is the most ...the very most comfortable shoe I have.

I told my brother  " they are more comfortable than your own feet"  no-joke!

I have a wide foot and spend a lot of time in highend walking shoes because of my healthcare prof. But at the end of the day i come home to these bad-boys and walk the dog, go to the store .... Just cause you gotta know whats-what.

1 month review Short Version out of 5 stars: Appearance:…

Materials: Rubber, EVA
Use: Short dayhike, light trail, water
Break-in Period: 2 wears of 2 hours
Weight: 12.1 oz. (pretty darn light)
Price Paid: $100, 2 years ago

1 month review

Short Version out of 5 stars:

Appearance: 5 out of 5

Comfort: 5 out of 5

Traction: 5 out of 5

Support 5 out of 5

Ventilation: 5 out of 5

Durability: 5 out of 5 (at 1 month)

Price: 5 out of 5 ($100 for a double duty shoe)

Long Version:

I've had my Keen Cimarrons for one month. My first thought was the style is very different from other water shoes. It looks like a combination of an aqua sock and light trail shoe. However, their unusual appearance is very attractive and unique.

It's still winter here in PA but I wanted to break them in before spring. I was pleasantly surprised by how easy this was. Within 2 wears my feet were extremely comfortable in my Keen Cimmarons.

Slipping in and out of them is easy. The toggle to tighten is both efficient and stylish. They are flexible to accommodate my wide foot and have a nice high arch for comfort and support. The insole is made of mesh presumably for draining and quick drying. The sole is similar to many sport sandals and light hikers.

I'm anxious to hit a light trail with these to see how they hold up. Cimarron has Keen's patented toe guard which I personally like. The designers have found a way to blend this functional feature into the style to make a great looking shoe.

The price seemed a bit steep but if you consider Cimarron performs double duty as water shoe and light summer hiker, they are a great deal.

Update: February 8, 2011

This is an update regarding my Keen Cimarrons. Two years ago I posted a review about how much I loved them.  I'm happy to say I still love and wear them regularly.

After 6 months of working at a pool, exposing my Keens to caustic chemicals and using them on a daily basis the rubber on the outside, bottom of my Cimarrons started to separate.

I can honestly say that without daily exposure to hydrochloric acid and liquid chlorine I doubt I would have had any problem. To reattach the rubber, I applied an epoxy glue.  This glue restored my Keens good as new.

For the last one and a half years I've used my Cimmarons without a hitch and do not hesitate to wear them on the trail or in the water.

Who says a water shoe has to be big and clunky, the Keen Cimarron for Men defies this sterotype by delivering a slim, sleek, durable shoe with traction ready for any water-sport. Beach combing, rafting, or hiking through streams, the Cimarron will keep your feet cool, comfortable, and well supported.

- Altrec Outdoors refers to the men's version

CLOSEOUTS . When underwater territory proves too treacherous for bare feet alone, that’s where Keen’s Cimarron water shoes step in. Breathable mesh shoes have a secure, one-pull lacing system, Keen’s signature toe bumper and a moisture-wicking lining treated with AEGIS Microbe Shield(R). Aqua Stop non-marking traction outsole Medium width CLOSEOUTS . China. Visit our Shoe Sizing Guide

- Sierra Trading Post refers to the men's version

Bring along your KEEN Men's Cimarron Water Shoes next time you inner tube down a river. These shoes' outsoles give you traction on wet, smooth surfaces, rocks, and sand, and they feature drain holes so you don't have to slosh around after you get out of the water. Mesh uppers dry fast, let your feet breathe during the hike to and from the river, and prevent pebbles from getting in. Bumpers protect your toes from getting stubbed.

- Backcountry Outlet refers to the men's version

Keen Cimarron

The Cimarron has been discontinued.

The Keen Cimarron is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen November 23, 2010 at Altrec Outdoors.

If you're looking for a new water shoe, check out the best reviewed current models.