Keen Francisco

When I was a little surfer dude at age 14, I order…

Materials: leather, rubber, glue
Use: casual, travelling, kicking butt
Break-in Period: 3 seconds
Weight: Negligible

When I was a little surfer dude at age 14, I order a pair of huarache sandals through an ad in Surfer magazine, probably because I heard the mentioned in a Beach Boys song. Anyway, despite their utterly cool appearance, the Mexican product was horribly uncomfortable, to the point of unwearability.

Imagine my delight when I discover that Keen was making a huarache of their own, based on their super-comfy Metatomical footbed technology! I got a pair, and they totally rock! I love the look, and they feel great.

So I finally got the huarache thing wired, and it only took 44 years! Sad to see they have discontinued these. There are still a few pairs in the pipeline (!); I may buy a second pair to hold in reserve.

Consider the Francisco a vented casual shoe with the slip-one convenience of dressy footwear. Aside from the large metal buckle, Francisco features a woven leather upper like many casual sandals and shoes, but that's where the similarities stop. Slip your foot inside and you'll notice an ergonomically shaped metatomical footbed with exceptional support and comfort. Beneath this comfortable footbed is a cushioned compression molded EVA midsole that minimizes the shock of repeated foot strikes, a critical component if you're up on your feet all day. Along the bottom of the Keen Francisco is a trendy tire-tread lug outsole that keeps your feet solidly planted beneath you even on varied surfaces--without leaving skid marks.

- Altrec Outdoors

Massey's Outfitters has provided superior product selection and service to travelers since 1972. If you need further assistance with your purchase, please call our live help line at 800-754-7467 or click "LIVE HELP' from the top of the product page.

- Massey's Outfitters

Free Shipping on Your Whole Order when you buy select shoes and boots. Ends 11/15. Classy and comfortable Keen Francisco sandals max out on cool with a south-of-the-border flair. Compression-molded EVA midsoles offer shock absorption and padding for all-day wear. Leather-wrapped Metatomical EVA footbeds are custom shaped to provide ample cushioning and arch support. Non-slip carbon-rubber outsoles with linen fabric inserts deliver durability and traction with a nod to the original huarache-style tread. Patented rubber toe guards protect feet from scuffs, bumps and uneven terrain. Soft, flexible woven-leather uppers wrap insteps for a comfortable, secure fit; adjustable buckle and heel straps customize your comfort.

Keen Francisco

The Francisco has been discontinued.

The Keen Francisco is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen May 25, 2008 at Altrec Outdoors.

If you're looking for a new sandal, check out the best reviewed current models.