When I was a little surfer dude at age 14, I order…

Materials: leather, rubber, glue
Use: casual, travelling, kicking butt
Break-in Period: 3 seconds
Weight: Negligible

When I was a little surfer dude at age 14, I order a pair of huarache sandals through an ad in Surfer magazine, probably because I heard the mentioned in a Beach Boys song. Anyway, despite their utterly cool appearance, the Mexican product was horribly uncomfortable, to the point of unwearability.

Imagine my delight when I discover that Keen was making a huarache of their own, based on their super-comfy Metatomical footbed technology! I got a pair, and they totally rock! I love the look, and they feel great.

So I finally got the huarache thing wired, and it only took 44 years! Sad to see they have discontinued these. There are still a few pairs in the pipeline (!); I may buy a second pair to hold in reserve.