Comfortable hiking sock that's designed uniquely for…

Comfortable hiking sock that's designed uniquely for each foot (right and left foot specific socks).

• Thicker padding under heel and front area of foot
  • Wool blend wicks moisture
  • Design of right/left sock has the big toe area longer than the rest of the toe area
  • Durable material
  • toe area is seamless

• The right/left unique design is a little gimmicky

I've worn a lot of different socks for hiking and backpacking and usually don't really notice them unless they are a bad fit (normally from shrinking too much in the dryer) or they bunch up under the toes. I have been impressed with these socks in that having the longer big toe area seems to relieve a bit of pressure, but this might also be because I try not to dry my socks in the dryer anymore and also stretch them some while they are still wet. If you re-wear your socks while camping, they can sometimes retain the form of your foot.

I've noticed that if I put the sock I wore on one foot on the other foot, often times the material will bunch up.  With these Keen socks, having the little R and L on the sock will remind you.

These do a good job of wicking moisture and I normally do well with just this one pair on. I have a few pair that I'll wear a liner with because the material is a bit scratchy (higher wool content I assume). I've also noticed that the padding on the soles of these socks do a nice job of cushioning the impact area.

Some years ago I was given a couple pairs of wicking golfing socks with the Right/Left deal. I don't golf, and they weren't made for backpacking but I found them to be more comfortable for day-to-day wear then typical sports socks. I'm not a fan of the price, but I may have to try a pair of these.

Keen Olympus Medium Crew

$22.00 (men's)

The Keen Olympus Medium Crew is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen February 22, 2016 at

If you're looking for a new hiking/backpacking sock, check out the best reviewed current models.

Granite Gear Air Zippditty Review