Mom always said that the word "but" negates everything…

Mom always said that the word "but" negates everything you say afterwards. The Taos is a great shoe ... but.

I do everything in these shoes ... I hike, I run, I scamper, I work out, I sail, I urban explore ... everything. I am a big fellow - and the heel bed compressed down much quicker than I had hoped for - and the heel wore down quicker (6 months) on the outside corners quicker than I had hoped for. But I'm a big guy ... wear them all the time ... so maybe it should be expected.

So with that said I bought another pair. I like the shoe that much that I'm willing to buy a new pair every 6 months.

Sizing - order up a half size.
Width - true
Durability (other than the compression of the heel section) is great.

Stinkage factor - I don't wear socks .. so the factor is high ... however I throw them in the wash twice a week - or more often as necessary and that handles it nicely. I dry them in the sun.

Break in - if you are blisterer ... then you might blister. If not, the break-in should be fairly rapid. I got some blisters - but as soon as they heeled over I was good to go.

I hiked 29 miles through Glacier Nat'l Park, over…

Materials: leather
Use: multi-day hikes, avoid steep descents
Break-in Period: none
Weight: under 2 lbs.

I hiked 29 miles through Glacier Nat'l Park, over a pass, wet and dry conditions, 20+ pound pack. Loved them, didn't break out my boots once. I wear them five days a week at work and around town.

Keen Taos

The Taos has been discontinued.

The Keen Taos is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen March 31, 2014 at EMS.

Granite Gear Air Zippditty Review