Kenyon Grizzly Kenyon Quick Dry Shirt - Long Sleeve

Nice hiking shirt. Has several pockets and cool velcro…

Price Paid: sale ~$19

Summary

Nice hiking shirt. Has several pockets and cool velcro strap above the left chest pocket. Has option to roll up sleeves. Durable and useful for that one shirt for 2-3 day hike.

Pros

• Several pockets
  • Dry wicking
  • Durable, tough material

Cons

• Sleeves longer than expected for size
  • Right chest pocket too excessive, depth

I recently purchased this in size medium, color iguana.  It has great pockets to use on the chest with the exception of one listed below.

The dry wicking fabric works well. If it is sweaty when I stop to take a break, by the time I start back up it's dry again. There is a cool mesh ventilation on the upper back that keeps circulation through the shirt. I love this feature.

The downsides for me are the sleeves. They are a bit longer than expected for the length of the torso. At the same time the button to connect the cuffs are further apart than my wrists are.  I'm an athletic build and the sleeves come halfway down my thumb.

Nevertheless, this is a fixable issue.  I have already resewn the button from the cuffs to allow me to tighten it closer.  As such, with it tighter to my wrist the length of the sleeves becomes a non issue.  It's only a thing of needing to do it if necessary really.

The right chest pocket can also get in the way when I put my hands together in front of my chest.  The pocket lining is a bit stiff and doesn't fold well to my chest.

Other than the sleeves and pocket, the torso fits well and isn't too baggy. It does well layering. Using a t-shirt, this shirt on top followed by a cardigan or down and you'll be fine.  With it being dry wick I plan to wear it more during the summer than in winter or early spring.

If the price is right for you, I got mine on sale, I'd recommend it.  Works well for a shirt you'll need for 2 or 3 days in the backcountry. I'll have this and another on a 7 day that I'll be doing soon.

Kenyon Grizzly Kenyon Quick Dry Shirt - Long Sleeve

The Grizzly Kenyon Quick Dry Shirt - Long Sleeve has been discontinued.

The Kenyon Grizzly Kenyon Quick Dry Shirt - Long Sleeve is not available from the stores we monitor.

If you're looking for a new hiking shirt, check out the best reviewed current models.