Kershaw Carabiner Tool

Have you ever lost a piece of equipment while hiking,…

Source: received it as a personal gift

Summary

Have you ever lost a piece of equipment while hiking, camping, and/or climbing? A locking blade, bottle opener, flat head and phillips screwdriver all combined into a carabiner body that you can't lose. In fact, you can use the carabiner feature to secure other pieces of your equipment!

Pros

• A gear carabiner that is also a multi-tool
  • It can be operated with one hand

Cons

• It is not a load bearing carabiner
  • Screwdrivers are short

As long as you secure it on your chest or front waist, you can easily access and operate this blade with either hand. The blade does lock for safety. I have had this blade for years. It is my preferred bottle opener when attending an event where a bottle opener will be needed (do you know what I mean?).

While hiking I use this item to secure my water bottle to shoulder strap. This way I cannot lose my water bottle from the side pocket of my pack and the knife is easily accessed with one hand if needed.

I have a friend that uses one of these when rock climbing. He had gotten his arm wrapped up tightly in a rope above his head when he slipped. He was able to clip in to an anchor with a carbiner and then he was able to open this knife with his one free arm and cut the rope that was tightly constricting around his other arm. He still has a spiral shaped rope burn on his bicep, but he never climbs without this blade.

GREAT knife for what it is designed to do. All I wanted…

GREAT knife for what it is designed to do. All I wanted was a "light weight" knife with one blade and a flat head screwdriver head (for my bear canister). Not only does this fit the bill .. but the ADDED BONUS !! is the carabiner attachment !

I just clip it to the outside of my backpack.. ..

Out of the way, easy to find when you need it, and easy to attach - re attach.

Kershaw Carabiner Tool

The Carabiner Tool has been discontinued.

The Kershaw Carabiner Tool is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen November 23, 2012 at Altrec Outdoors.

If you're looking for a new multi-tool, check out the best reviewed current models.