Kershaw Scallion

Great knife! Holds up over the years! I bought one…

Summary

Great knife! Holds up over the years!

Pros

• One-handed open
  • Speed safe open
  • Sturdy
  • Locking blade
  • Belt clip

Cons

• None

I bought one of these knives about 6 years ago and loved it! I lost it and my brother-in-law found it in the yard after a year! I washed it up and got all the dirt out of it and it was like a brand new knife!

That showed me how durable this knife was and what a good quality it is.

To my dismay, I lost the knife again on a canoe trip in deep water and never got it back. After I knew there was no getting it back, I had to buy a new one.

One thing I LOVE about the knife is the speedsafe opening. You just use your finger to push on the thumbstud and the blade pops right open. It's great when you're having to hold something in place and you can just use one hand to get the knife out and open it.

This is a perfect everyday knife. Its small enough to fit in your pocket without getting in the way, and mighty enough to take on big jobs.

I highly recommend the Kershaw Scallion! (and I recommend the black handle and black blade version just because it looks cool.)

This is a great everyday carry knife. Its small size…

Summary

This is a great everyday carry knife. Its small size makes it easy to clip it on the inside of your pocket or on your belt and have it whenever you need it for light knife work. The torsion bar technology makes the knife a super quick draw which allows for easy one hand opening and showing off to your friends.

Pros

• Torsion bar technology for super quick folding out.
  • Perfect size for carrying everywhere.

Cons

• Weak blade safety lock.

Ever since I got to hold my buddy's Kershaw Chive I knew I had to have their torsion bar technology. However, the Chive was a bit too small for my tastes. Fortunately for me, I found a slightly larger model in the Scallion. Fits perfectly in your hand and is easy to open, close, and use for all kinds of people.

The torsion bar allows the knife to be opened with the press on the ridge of the blade that sticks out when the knife is folded closed. It causes the blade to snap open with ease and be ready to use from pulling it out in less than a second. This can be triggered accidently however, but Kershaw adds a safety lock to keep that from happening.

Unfortunately, one of my Scallions had this lock break. I believe it is plastic unfortunately which is definitely the biggest drawback to this knife.

I've used this knife for over 10 years and I'm in love with it. I highly recommend it to anyone and will continue to use it as my go-to EDC for years to come.

Visit Kershaw's Scallion page.

The Scallion is designed with a 420 high-carbon steel blade and a polyamide handle. Features SpeedSafe assisted opening technology. Removable pocket clip. Length blade2 3/8". Length closed: 3 3/8". The Scallion weighs 2.3 oz.

- Mountains Plus

SCALLION MODEL 1620: The Scallion is designed with a 420 high-carbon steel blade and a Polyamide handle. Blade is 2 1/4 " open and closed knife measures 3 1/4 ". The Scallion weighs 2.3 oz and has a removable pocket clip.

- CampSaver.com

Free Shipping. Kershaw Scallion Knife The Scallion Knife by Kershaw. Kershaw's Ken Onion Scallion offers high-performance styling and all the convenience of the SpeedSafe ambidextrous assisted opening system in a slightly larger knife. It's ideal for everyday carrying. The blade is built of high-carbon 420HC stainless steel for good edge retention and excellent corrosion resistance. For lighter weight, the Scallion series features anodized aluminum or polyimide handles. All Scallions include a secure liner lock to keep the blade securely in place until the user closes it and a Safety Tip Lock to keep the blade stored in the handle. FEATURES of the Scallion Knife by Kershaw SpeedSafe Locking Liner Thumb Stud Pocket Clip Frame Lock Coating SPECIFICATIONS: Steel: 420HC stainless-steel Handle: Polyimide Blade Length: 2 1/4 in. (5.8 cm) Closed Length: 3 1/2 in. (8.4 cm) Weight: 2.3 oz.

The Kershaw Scallion FL knife features a contoured, elegant design that ensures a comfortable grip and a stylish look. Built with the latest SpeedSafe technology, this knife offers smooth, one-handed manual assisted opening via the thumb stud or finger protrusion and locks into place. The 410 steel handle has a contoured shape that fits nicely into the hand. Choose between serrated or smooth edge.Scallion FL 1620 Knife Features and Specifications:SpeedSafeFrame LockThumb StudPocket ClipSteel: 420HC stainless-steelHandle: 410 stainless-steelBlade Length: 2-1/4 in. (5.8 cm)Closed Length: 3-1/2 in. (8.4 cm)Overall Length: N/AWeight: 2.3 oz.MADE IN U.S.A.

- Mountain Hideaway