Klean Kanteen 20oz Wide Insulated

This water bottle does not seem to be as prone to…

Summary

This water bottle does not seem to be as prone to the dent commonly seen on metal water bottles. Most importantly however is the fact that I've had the same ice in it for the last 36 hours and it is still going strong.

Pros

• Solid construction
  • Phenomenal insulation (Cold seems to be a little better than hot)
  • Not showy
  • No funky taste. Ever!

Cons

• A bit on the heavy side
  • Upfront cost
  • If you're drinking something hot, where you put your lips can get very warm

So, every year when my REI dividend comes in I tend to get an item that I cannot justify otherwise. This years item is the Klean Kanteen 20 oz Insulated Water Bottle. I admit that the price really had me think twice, but I was tired of using my Nalgene water bottle as my everyday beverage-holder-of-choice. I wanted something that looked more professional and kept my water extra cold.

Long story short: I am very satisfied with my purchase.

Ease of Use:

Well, It is a water bottle after all. There isn't too much to it. The lid has what to me looks like a silicon gasket that prevents the bottle from leaking. This system works like a charm. Note that this is a simple twist-off style lid, so when you take off the lid you will have two separate items in you hands, unlike a Nalgene which has the tether attached to the lid so you can't misplace it.

I have noticed that occasionally the lid will stick, but I chock that up to my compulsion to tighten lids as securely as I can, which tendency greatly displeases my dear wife.

Features:

The insulation is that the water bottle is a double walled vacuum insulation. This works well provided you have your bottle mostly full most of the time.  So, the idea of a vacuum insulation is to cut off what ever you're insulating from anything of a different temperature. So, if you have some ice water at the bottom of the bottle and the rest is filled with the scorching-hot air from outside, you're water will absorb some of the heat from the air, or vice versa if you've only got a little of your favorite hot beverage in your bottle on a frosty winter night. Even so, in my experience you're more likely to run out of liquid before it is no longer at the temperature you want.

Construction & Durability:

It is stainless steel, silicon, and plastic. The construction is exemplary. You can barely see the line left from where the weld is that holds the inner bottle together. And, because you can see it, you can see how high quality the weld is. It seem like this has been more resilient to the dents and divots that so frequently mar other metal water bottles, which, along with the weight, makes me think that the walls are thicker than most metal water bottles. This water bottle will certainly last a very long time.

Conditions:

I use this water bottle every day. I picked it up in February 2013, if memory serves.  I find myself filling it up more often than my 32oz Nalgene which makes sense obviously due to the 12 oz difference, but I also find myself drinking more water throughout the day. And that is precisely why this water bottle is so great! I don't enjoy plastic-y lukewarm water too terribly much, but this is like drinking artesian glacial spring water every sip.

Okay, perhaps, I've embellished that last bit, but I do seriously drink more because its more enjoyable to drink cold water in my opinion. Also, I'm fond of the fact that I don't look like a 'granola-munching, tree-hugging, dirt-worshiping dirt-bag' with its fancy brushed steel exterior. It is always more fun to be in disguise.

Klean Kanteen 20 oz. Kanteen Wide Mouth Insulated With Loop CapThe Klean Kanteen 20 oz. Kanteen Wide Mouth Insulated With Loop Cap is the perfect answer to all your hydration needs when you are out on the road. Its durable double-wall construction keeps your drinks colder than it would be with a regular water bottle. Iced drinks remain cold for up to 6 hours which means that your refreshments remain refreshing! Fashioned with round corners and a 2.125 in wide mouth, whipping the bottle out and drinking your fill is quick and easy. Constructed using 18/8, food-grade, stainless steel, it is inherently resistant to corrosion, and therefore proves durable for use. The Klean Kanteen 20 oz. Kanteen Wide Mouth Insulated With Loop Cap is your ideal, all-weather hydration partner on every journey that you take into the great outdoors.

- SunnySports

Because it's made from hygienic, easy-to-clean stainless steel, the Klean Kanteen 20oz Insulated Cup lets you enjoy coffee that doesn't taste like chili or a smoothie that isn't tinged with hints of pesto pasta. The cup's high-performance vacuum design insulates hot beverages for up to six hours and cold beverages up to 24 hours, so you can enjoy hot chocolate on the ski lift or a cold beer at the trailhead after a hike.

Klean Kanteen Wide Insulated Bottle with Loop Cap is a double-walled, stainless steel vacuum bottle with a wide mouth. Excellent bottle for keeping warm beverages warm and cold beverages cold for up to six hours. Iced beverages stay frosty for over 24 hours. Works great as a mug, thermos, and an insulated food container. BPA-free, food-grade stainless steel inside and out won't retain or impart flavors. Free of harmful substances even when exposed to highly acidic or hot liquids. Durable steel design resists dents and scratches. Fits in most cup holders. Comes with leak-proof stainless loop cap. Cafe Cap is also available, allowing you to use your Klean Kanteen Insulated Bottle as a travel mug. Rounded corners are easy to clean. External, stainless steel threads work with standard backcountry water filters. Reusable and recyclable. Easy to hand wash. Available Sizes: 12 oz., 16 oz., and 20 oz.. This Kleen Kanteen Wide Mouth Stainless Steel Vacuum Thermos will quickly become your favorite bottle year-round. Mouth Opening: 2.125 in. or 54mm. 12 oz. Weight: 7.125 oz.. 16 oz. Weight: 8.75 oz.. 20 oz. Weight: 10.25 oz.. 12 oz. Dimensions: 6.5 in. H x 2.9375 in. W. 16 oz. Dimensions: 7.25 in. H x 2.9375 in. W. 20 oz. Dimensions: 8.75 in. H x 2.9375 in. W

- Tahoe Mountain Sports

It doesn't matter if you're trying to keep something hot or cold; you can count on the Klean Kanteen 20 oz. Stainless Steel Wide Mouth Insulated Bottle to keep whatever you put in it at the perfect temperature for hours.

- EMS

Whatever food or drink you're packing, whether you poured it in hot or cold, the 20oz Kleen Kanteen Insulated bottle has double-walled, vacuum insulation to keep it that way. Constructed from high quality, 18/8, food-grade stainless steel with a 100% stainless interior, this bottle is indestructible and won't retain flavors. PRODUCT FEATURES: Insulates hot beverages up to 6 hours Insulates iced drinks up to 24 hours Durable, double-walled construction High performance vacuum insulation 18/8 food-grade stainless steel, no liner Extra wide mouth for easy filling and pouring No BPA, phthalates, lead, or other toxins Doesn't retain or impart flavors Lifetime warranty

- Appalachian Outdoors