Koflach plastic boots

I bought it in 1980's. I use it for hiking in snow,…

Price Paid: about $150

I bought it in 1980's. I use it for hiking in snow, ride snowmobile and ice climbing. Plastic just dried out and brittle. It just happen today. I was trying to find new one. I could not find new one.

I think they don't make them anymore. I have tried look at www.koflach.com. It say website is in maintenance come back check us later. It has been like that for 2-3 years. Wonder what happen to that company. They are great shoes. They always keep me warm.

My first plastics, I love them! Just spent 3 days…

Materials: Plastic
Use: Snow, Glacier
Break-in Period: None
Weight: ?

My first plastics, I love them! Just spent 3 days on Mt. Ranier at about 10000' training for glacier travel. These boots kept me toasty and dry and were comfortable. Wear them loose around the cuff and if they fit well there will be no problems. Koflach makes Alpine ski boots that fit my kind of foot well too (low arch, wide forefoot, narrow heel). Good boot!

I purchased a pair in the '80s. Very warm and versatile.

I purchased a pair in the '80s. Very warm and versatile.
I haven't worn them for a few years and went out today to Box Hill. The completely split apart so plastic has a life span?

If you've owned or used a Koflach plastic boots, please share your experience.

Koflach plastic boots

The Koflach plastic boots is not available from the stores we monitor.

If you're looking for a new mountaineering boot, check out the best reviewed current models.