Komperdell Thermogrip Foam

I do like these poles. The grip is obviously foam,…

I do like these poles. The grip is obviously foam, but to specify, it is that very abrisive foam that looks like it almost has grain to it. Overall, the pole is very light.

I bought the poles in the winter, here in Alaska. The were great, for about one week. One of the plastic tighteners inside the shaft froze and broke while I was 2 miles out. I have to hop-along snowshoe all the way back. It took WEEKS for Komperdell to ship new parts from Australia. By then I had bought Black Diamond Flik-lock carbon fiber poles and haven't looked back. I still carry a Komperdell with me for emergency purposes but in two years, haven't needed it. My friends have, though.

Komperdell Thermogrip Foam

The Thermogrip Foam has been discontinued.

The Komperdell Thermogrip Foam is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen sometime before 2006 at Sierra Trading Post.

Review Your Gear, Win $575 of Black Diamond Gear