Komperdell TI-7 Ultralight Foam Antishock

Although the poles are light enough and comfortable…

Although the poles are light enough and comfortable to use, the locking system deteriorates soon with the use and it may be very hard or impossible to continue using. Before that, the system fails unless locked very tightly, and after use it may be very hard to unlock. A pity!

I just picked these poles up recently for a hike into…

Price Paid: 94 CAD

I just picked these poles up recently for a hike into the Chilkoot Trail. I have never used poles before and fully expected them to be hanging off the pack after a few miles. Much to the contrary, I found them quite comfortable and practical.

They did get in the way on parts of the trail where the rocks swallowed them up but they earned back their respect on the snow fields higher up. They performed well technically for the most part but did on a couple of occasions collapse on the lower tube section for no apparent reason.

I was very impressed with the carbide tip and how well they gripped the rocks without sliding. Overall a good addition to my running gear.

Komperdell TI-7 Ultralight Foam Antishock

The TI-7 Ultralight Foam Antishock has been discontinued.

The Komperdell TI-7 Ultralight Foam Antishock is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen May 8, 2012 at Gear for Adventure.

If you're looking for a new antishock trekking pole, check out the best reviewed current models.