Komperdell Umbrella Pole

I'm a snowboarder, and although you wouldn't think…

I'm a snowboarder, and although you wouldn't think you'd need an umbrella on the slopes, it's great!!! I'm not that advanced, so I stay on the blue trails and occasionally I hit a flat spot and need to push off rather than just try to scoot or get my back foot out of the binding. That's where this Komperdell telescopic hiking pole with umbrella comes in very handy. I just ride with it strapped across my back, then when needed, I extend it, push off, and enjoy the rest of my ride! It easily extends and retracts with a simple twist, and I've even used the umbrella during a white-out to protect my face.

As far as hiking with a pole, it makes the walk much easier and the UV protective coated umbrella keeps my delicate skin from burning. There's even a way to change from a tungsten/carbide tip to a rubber pad with just a click! This is amazing and worth every penny!!!!

If you've owned or used a Komperdell Umbrella Pole, please share your experience.

Komperdell Umbrella Pole

The Umbrella Pole has been discontinued.

The Komperdell Umbrella Pole is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen sometime before 2006 at REI.

If you're looking for a new hiking staff, check out the best reviewed current models.