Komperdell Walker

Due to a balance disorder I need a cane to get about.

Due to a balance disorder I need a cane to get about. I tried folding canes, but all of them made a clicking noise with every plant of the cane. I'm tall (6'3") and heavy (around 275#) so sturdiness is essential.

I tried the Komperdell Walker and it's perfect. The two clamps make it infinitely adjustable between the minimim and maximum. Clamped tightly (a twist of the wrist does it, it supports me well. The cane came with two rubber tips, which I use all the time (the aluminum tip is useful only for off-the-road walking). The cork handle is comfortable over long periods of time, and when it's time to collapse the cane it is compact enough to stash anywyere.

I put a carabiner on the nylon strap and hang it from my belt whenever I want the cane out of the way (as in restraunts). I hook the strap over a cup holder in my car and the cane always handy and ready for use when I get out.

Only one caution: you must be sure to tighten the clamps firmly, or the cane will collapse -- as I discovered one night on the stairs at my sister-in-law's. Also, be aware that the aluminum tip on the cane will wear through the rubber tip pretty quickly. I put a small washer into the rubber tip before putting it on the cane, which cuts down on the punching action of the aluminum tip. I like mine so much I've ordered two more, just in case one gets lost or damaged.

Visit Komperdell's Walker page.

Komperdell Walker Anti-Shock Light Trekking Pole is a single lightweight trekking pole for suitable for a day hike or backcountry treks. Features a comfortable breathable cork grip, nylon system strap, aluminum alloy construction, vario mini baskets, steel tip. Very compact.

- CampSaver.com

The Komperdell Walker PL Walking Staff adds comfort and stability to your trek. It's a handy companion for walks in the great outdoors.

CLOSEOUTS . Take to the trails with the added stability of the Komperdell anti-shock walking staff, featuring a cork grip, lightweight aluminum shaft and easy-twist length adjustment. Available Colors: 01.

- Sierra Trading Post

Like a 4 X 4 engage your arms as well as your legs on your power walks and hikes with the Komperdell Walker Trekking Poles. Proven to save energy on uphill climbs by 25%, this stick saves your knees on descents, and significantly improves your stability and safety when you are on the move. The Komperdell antishock system built into the pole adds extra cushioning. A comfortable cork grip offers a variety of grip points, and an adjustable strap helps take the load off your wrist. This lightweight pole collapses to less than two feet, making it supremely packable and portable; when you're ready to hit the trail, deploy the Powerlock system to set the pole to the desired length.

- Altrec Outdoors