Kuhl Coyote Convertible Pant

I bought these pants on a whim. I was going for a…

Fabric: 67% Cotton 33% Nylon

I bought these pants on a whim. I was going for a 4-days trip and had no quick dry pants to pack so I went to the local outfitters and bough the cheapest pants they had. I used them hard for the next four days and again on a three-day trip.

Pros:

-They dry fast, even in cold weather they dry out fast.

-Gusseted crotch (amazing for any pants),

-Waist adjustments that do not dig into your pelvis when your pack is on

-Zip offs for crossing streams or shorts if you like that

CONS:

-Five days in the bush, trail blazing for a few miles and trails with minimal use, and they are showing ware on the hems of the zip offs and pant legs and around the crotch.

-Velcro closures on the back pockets.

Overall, i am very happy with the pants. The last trip i took was first sun then lots of rain. These pants dried enough for them to be comfortable in the morning just hanging in my shelter. The pants are very light and breathe well, good for late spring, summer and early fall. Wind will move through them.

I would recommend these pants for use in wet conditions as long as A) you have good rain gear for heavy downpour B) you have gear for cooler conditions similar to late fall and C) they are not worn while trailblazing.

If you've owned or used a Kuhl Coyote Convertible Pant, please share your experience.

Kuhl Coyote Convertible Pant

The Kuhl Coyote Convertible Pant is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen March 28, 2012 at EMS.

If you're looking for a new hiking pant, check out the best reviewed current models.