L.L.Bean Adventure Dome 4-Person Tent

This tent is THE tent for car camping. I've been trying…

Summary

This tent is THE tent for car camping. I've been trying to get my fiancee to love camping, and this did the trick. Wonderful view of the sky with the fly off. Spacious. Sturdy. Great air flow.

Giving it 4 instead of 5 stars for plastic stakes. Needed to stake in near the ocean a few times for wind, and bent one on my first shot. Good thing there is a 100% satisfaction guarantee!

Pros

• Sturdy
  • 100% satisfaction guarantee for life of product

Cons

• Heavy, but it's for car camping so that's OK
  • Stakes are plastic

Spent the last week in this tent and couldn't be happier with it. Smart features include a double zip on each door/window. One to open/close the door, and one to cover/uncover the mesh for airflow. Inside there are two pockets, one on each side of the tent. It's a simple, but solid design. The poles are bombproof.

It's big enough for two people to sit up and play games VERY comfortably.
Probably perfect size for small family to share.

I would recommend this tent to anyone car camping, especially because L.L. Bean stands behind their products more than anyone else.

Tent.jpg

Thanks for the review, Dan. I agree about Bean's satisfaction guarantee. Out of curiosity, where was your picture taken?

Dan Flan

Hi Alicia - This is Hermit Island Campground in Phippsburg, Maine. Beautiful spot!

I thought it looked like Maine! Thanks for letting me know.

dirtwheels

Thanks for the review, it would be nice to see some interior pics though. A friend of mine had a problem with an older version of this tent and LL Bean is replacing it with no questions asked.

Dan Flan

hey dirtwheels - next time I set it up I'll take and post interior shots.

dirtwheels