L.L.Bean Coolweave Technical Fishing Shirt, Short-Sleeve

I am not a fisherman, but this shirt has become my…

Summary

I am not a fisherman, but this shirt has become my "go-to" shirt for day hikes and canoeing. It is comfortable, cool, has UPF+50 sun protection, a zippered pocket, and other features I like. It is a bit pricier than my t-shirts, but I think I may be purchasing another in a different color.

Pros

• Pocket
  • Relaxed fit
  • UPF protection
  • Nice colors

Cons

• No tall sizes available
  • Not made in USA
  • Fabric can "catch", though I have no holes in it

fishing-shirt.jpg

I have the short sleeve version of the shirt—it does come in a long sleeve version, which I may consider in the future. The fit is relaxed, and the fabric does not cling, even while hiking in hot and muggy conditions.

I use the shirt for hiking, canoeing, and bicycling. The arms, designed to be roomy for casting, are very comfortable for paddling. It is 100% polyester, but is very soft, comfortable and cool, wicking even beneath a PFD. The zippered pocket is very handy for cell phone or glasses.

The nature of the fabric means it is not completely abrasion-proof; there are a few small snags from branches, but they do not seem to have affected the overall integrity of the garment. The UPF protection is a nice feature.

I do wish that the shirt was available in tall sizing; my husband requires tall sizes, so this shirt is not suitable for him. The lack of tall sizings restricts me from giving this a 5-star rating. There is a selection of four colors available. It is a bit more pricey than a t-shirt, or some other tech-shirts I have, but it seems to be a good investment.

A technical fishing shirt with all the performance features the serious angler demands. The lightweight polyester fabric controls odor, is as soft as cotton and wicks moisture away from your skin to help you stay cool and dry. Special fabric treatment provides UPF 50+ sun protection. Relaxed fit and raglan sleeves offer freedom of movement for comfortable casting all day. Zip pocket on chest. Straight hem can be worn tucked in or out. Imported.

- L.L.Bean

L.L.Bean Coolweave Technical Fishing Shirt, Short-Sleeve

The L.L.Bean Coolweave Technical Fishing Shirt, Short-Sleeve is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen April 17, 2013 at L.L.Bean.

If you're looking for a new short sleeve performance top, check out the best reviewed current models.