L.L.Bean Gore-Tex Cresta Hikers, Leather

Summary

A nice 3-season hiking boot. A leather boot that is waterproof and has an excellent grip on the sole.

Pros

• Leather
  • Waterproof
  • Good support
  • Grippy sole

Cons

• Inner sole

First of all, these boots are 'broke in' right out of the box. I've had these boots over 2 years and have hiked many miles up and down mountains, through the mud and rain and have not had wet feet. Traction is very good on slick surfaces like wet rocks, leaves and mud.

I do treat the leather once or twice a year with waterproofing. They look just like new after doing this.

The boots are fairly light considering they are a leather boot and for the support you get from them. They come in 3 width sizes so you are sure to get one to fit your foot.

I didn't give a full 5 stars as I did replace the inner sole as I do with most of my hiking boots — I just come to expect this now with all boots.

I'm looking forward to a few more years with these boots and when they wear out I'll buy another pair. My husband also has the same boot and loves them. An added bonus is that LL Bean offers free shipping.
image.jpg

Have you owned or used a L.L.Bean Women's Gore-Tex Cresta Hikers, Leather? Share your experience »