L.L.Bean Gore-Tex Cresta Hikers, Leather (GTX)

Materials: Leather
Use: Rough Trail/Off Trail with medium pack
Break-in Period: none
Weight: 3lbs. 7oz.

I have short, wide feet. My normal shoe size is 8 1/2 EEE. I have great difficulty in finding any store stocking a "wide" size boot for me to try on. My last pair of boots I found on sale for under $200.00. They are Vasque Super Hikers. I found them in 8 1/2 wide. After having lost my left big toenail twice and my right big toenail once, I attribute my physical misfortune to my idiocy in buying boots that should have been one half size larger than they are.

It was with some trepidation that I ordered size 9 EE boots from L.L. Bean. I needn't have worried. I've done two hikes with them in the last two weeks and they are very comfortable and my feet thank them. (The hike I did yesterday was to Mt. San Antonio summit via the ski hut trail and down the devil's backbone trail - 11 1/2 miles r.t. with 3900' gain and loss and my feet felt fine!)

Have you owned or used a L.L.Bean Men's Gore-Tex Cresta Hikers, Leather? Share your experience »