L.L.Bean Gore-Tex Cresta Hikers, Leather (GTX)

Materials: Leather w/ G-Tex
Use: Rough trail w/ heavy pack
Break-in Period: out of box, on the feet, hit the trail
Weight: ??

Best boots I have ever owned. Like many of my fellow gear heads out there, I tend to buy more and better equipment than I will ever use. (i.e. VE-25 expedition tent for fall camping in Virginia) I have made this mistake in the past by purchasing very expensive, heavy boots for backpacking in the blueridge. I was hesitant about these "cheap" boots, but bought them because of the good reviews they received.

Let me tell you, I have never been happier with a purchase. The leather is soft, waxy and thick. They G-Tex bootie has held up great. I have never had a blister even after multi-day trips in hot weather. They ofer plenty of support. (And, like I said I am a gear head; so may pack usually weighs in at over 80 lbs. (no joke, just ask some of my minimalist friends). plus, naked, I tip the scales at over 220 lbs.)

If you have a narrow foot and have had difficulty finding boots that fit, these babies (in B width) are for you. I did find that you should order about a half size smaller than your normal size. Happy hiking and praise be to the LL Bean Cresta Leather Hiker.

Have you owned or used a L.L.Bean Men's Gore-Tex Cresta Hikers, Leather? Share your experience »