L.L.Bean Gore-Tex Cresta Hikers, Leather

Materials: Leather
Use: Rough Trail w/ pack
Break-in Period: baptism under fire
Weight: 3 lbs 9 oz

Basically, I purchased these trusting the reviews of others and I am very pleased. I wear a 10EE so I got the wide width model. I hike in the southeast so I'm very concerned about water!!! Which ironically I haven't encountered really bad weather since I got them.

Anyway, comfortable right out of the box. I put about 15 miles on them the first 2 days with a light pack, moderate terrain with no problems. The next trip was in Talladega National Forest on the ridge trail with about a 60 pound pack. Almost always hiking on a slant with lots of rocky trail and a little rain to boot.

The boots were superb! Almost immediately I got a hotspot on my big toe from a poor choice of sock. Swapped socks and continued the rest of the 3-day trip without any irritation. Support was good as well as traction and sole strength. This isn't a boot for small people on day trips. This a boot for heavier conditions all around.

I highly recommend them and would definitely buy them again.

Have you owned or used a L.L.Bean Men's Gore-Tex Cresta Hikers, Leather? Share your experience »