I hiked for 6 hours in Pathfinder snowshoes today…

Summary

I hiked for 6 hours in Pathfinder snowshoes today and I can tell you it was no fun. My friend snowshoed with her husband's Atlas and had a better hike then I had. The Pathfinders caught on the front strap holder and spit snow at me all day, making it hard to take a correct step forward.

I also was going through on every other step up to my knee whereas my friend with her husband's Atlas was not. I would not recommend this snowshoe to anyone who likes mountain hikes.

Cons

• The front strap holder catches when the step is deep

Terrible.

This product is best for extreme adventurers who hike…

Source: received it as a personal gift

Summary

This product is best for extreme adventurers who hike during winter recreation. Goes great with four-season camping, fishing, hiking, or running through fresh powder. Can be done by just about anyone, men, women and children and even senior citizen, helps improve cardiovascular. Snowshoeing makes for a cold weather work out without having to go to a ski resort. I recommend L.L. Bean Women's Pathfinder Snowshoes for any winter walk

Pros

• Materials used are waterproof and rugged
  • Excellent traction
  • Good for ascending & descending
  • Newer model snowshoes

Cons

• Feet & ankles can become lame
  • These are not traditional snowshoes

Good gear. Easy to us. Can shed snow as you walk. I took a plunge in some snow and backpack across backcountry. No holes, rips or chips in the frames and the manufacturer has created a good design with easy to use bindings.