L.L.Bean Pathfinder Snowshoes

I hiked for 6 hours in Pathfinder snowshoes today…

Summary

I hiked for 6 hours in Pathfinder snowshoes today and I can tell you it was no fun. My friend snowshoed with her husband's Atlas and had a better hike then I had. The Pathfinders caught on the front strap holder and spit snow at me all day, making it hard to take a correct step forward.

I also was going through on every other step up to my knee whereas my friend with her husband's Atlas was not. I would not recommend this snowshoe to anyone who likes mountain hikes.

Cons

• The front strap holder catches when the step is deep

Terrible.

This product is best for extreme adventurers who hike…

Source: received it as a personal gift

Summary

This product is best for extreme adventurers who hike during winter recreation. Goes great with four-season camping, fishing, hiking, or running through fresh powder. Can be done by just about anyone, men, women and children and even senior citizen, helps improve cardiovascular. Snowshoeing makes for a cold weather work out without having to go to a ski resort. I recommend L.L. Bean Women's Pathfinder Snowshoes for any winter walk

Pros

• Materials used are waterproof and rugged
  • Excellent traction
  • Good for ascending & descending
  • Newer model snowshoes

Cons

• Feet & ankles can become lame
  • These are not traditional snowshoes

Good gear. Easy to us. Can shed snow as you walk. I took a plunge in some snow and backpack across backcountry. No holes, rips or chips in the frames and the manufacturer has created a good design with easy to use bindings.

Designed for hikers who like to tackle more challenging terrain. New, easy-to-use 180 Tour bindings conform to most winter boots for a custom fit and exceptional control. Carbon steel crampons aggressively bite into snow and ice for traction in all types of conditions. Rear wings center and stabilize your heel for good control. Duralight decking material is waterproof and rugged. Dual pull system lets you quickly adjust the binding to your foot, and the wide grab loop allows you to remove the snowshoe easily. Efficient rotating toe cord system allows the tail to drop and shed snow as you walk, eliminating snow fling and reducing fatigue. 6000-grade anodized-aluminum frame is strong and light. 25" model approx. 4 lb. Made exclusively for L.L.Bean by Tubbs. Imported. 25" Carries 120 to 200 lb. 30" Carries 170 to 250 lb. 36" Carries 220 to 300 lb.

- L.L.Bean refers to the men's version

L.L.Bean Pathfinder Snowshoes

The L.L.Bean Pathfinder Snowshoes is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen April 28, 2014 at L.L.Bean.

If you're looking for a new recreational snowshoe, check out the best reviewed current models.