L.L.Bean Trail Model Raincoat

I have been using this raincoat for about a year and…

Summary

I have been using this raincoat for about a year and I highly recommend it. The best part about this raincoat is the hood, in my opinion. It has a velcro flap in the back that allows to adjust the depth of the hood. It has a two-way zipper, which is excellent for those days when I need to walk faster, and need as much freedom of movement as I can get.

Pros

• Long
  • Waterproof

Cons

• Limited colors available
  • Boxy

Overall this coat is boxy, and I recommend sizing down for a more form-fitting experience. I have long arms and this coat has sleeves long enough for me. The coat is rather "stiff" and moves OK with the body, but I wouldn't expect more from a raincoat.

The raincoat vents well. It does not wick sweat away from skin. It doesn't keep you warm, but with a mid-layer underneath it's excellent for not letting you get cold when it's windy. It layers great with a sweater or a fleece jacket. It handles abrasion well. It has an excellent two-way zipper, which is very sturdy.

It can be adjusted in the hood and at the cuffs. It is easy to pack into a small bag, if needed.

Welcome to Trailspace, Elena! Thanks for the review.

1 month ago